It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board

• Type 2 How to quickly lower A1C in prediabetic

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-11-2022, 08:24 PM   #1
    tiredofissues
    (female)

tiredofissues HB User
    How to quickly lower A1C in prediabetic

Just a question. How can I lower my A1C within the next month? My last A1C result was 6.4 so doc told me I am prediabetic. She is going to retest in 4 to 6 weeks and if still high...she wants to start me on metformin. I don't want to have full blown diabetes and I do not want to take metformin because of all the horror stories I have heard. Obviously I know I need to cut out carbs and sugar ..junk food and fast food but I don't think I can just quit completely 100% cold turkey today . I'm going to do my best to eliminate things from my diet within the next week or two and find other replacements that work. Besides cutting out carbs and sugar and increasing exercise, what else can I do to get this number down within the next few weeks? I know it's a lifestyle change and I'll need to continue but I'm trying to avoid getting put on medication. My biggest downfall is sweets. And I know fruit isn't always the answer. What are some good things that diabetics or pre-diabetics can eat for the sugar cravings? Also, I know an A1C is a calculation of a 3-month Time frame, so since my last test was about a month ago. I'm hoping starting diet changes now will make my number lower for my next test in another 6 weeks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2022, 09:27 PM   #2
    kanded
    (female)

kanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB User
    Re: How to quickly lower A1C in prediabetic

Hi, these are all great ways to start lowering your blood sugars. It really is a lifestyle change that needs effort, so its great you're starting to do that. You can always tell the dr your feelings that your not ready to start meds yet and want to keep trying to lower your blood sugar naturally. You do have a say in your treatment, but just make sure you follow through if you do this, because untreated diabetes is no joke.

They do have sugar free sweets, as an alternative, but frankly, fruit is better for you. Just eat 1 apple with some cheese to slow down the sugar absorption. Eat your fruit with a protein such as egg or cheese.
    The other thing is, what causes diabetes in the body after further research isn't just simple carbohydrates and refined sugar. That contributes to it. I don't know how to exactly explain it, but simply put, the cells have to be able to receive the insulin, but if the cells are clogged with fat/plaque the insulin can't penetrate the cell wall, and so causes insulin resistance. in other words, fat in our diet is just as bad as sugar. So the combo of the two causes all kinds of problems. Not just diabetes, but causes stones to form in the body, other autoimmune diseases can develop, etc.
    So the diabetes can be under more control with less carbs, but really we need to avoid the grease/plaque blocking the cell walls. The only way to do this is to really stop eating meat and go vegetarian for awhile. Drinking lots of water helps feel full and helps body to process toxins. There are other ways to get rid of the plaque (bbut that's another subject) it helps to lose weight, and then you start to see some of these diseases just seem to disappear.
    This has been the experience I've had and some of my family has had. This is the best and long term way to keep yourself healthy. But, I understand about the cravings too. Just do what you can, start sooner than later, don't be hard on yourself if you slide backwards, and just keep trying and one day you'll find you are doing it.

Reply Reply