It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board

• low carb beer

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-26-2004, 12:45 PM   #1
    tammyoo1

tammyoo1 HB User
    low carb beer

hi just wanted to know if any one has tried the low carb beer .and how it affects blood sugars.i am type 2 and im not on any medication just diet and exercise have lost about 20 pounds i have about 20 more to go.i have cut out alot of things i used to eat,and have started exercising and cut way back on carbs although im not perfect and do slip up here and there ,im really trying to live a healthier live style.i am not a big drinker any more but still like to enjoy myself and have a few beer here and threre especailly in the summer when we camp alot.nothing like sitting around the fire with a nice cold beer.im from canada and we have just now got all the low carb beer.so when i do have a few ,or a few to many ive been drinking them.just wondering if any one else has tried them and do they effect you;re blood sugars much as they are low carb.this is all new to me as i have just been diagnosed.i guess not drinking at all would be the best ,but i still want to enjoy life now and then.any info would be great thanxs

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2004, 04:49 PM   #2
    Mommyof4
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mommyof4 HB User
    Re: low carb beer

I would go with regular beer. Alcohol tends to lower blood sugars so it might cancel out the carbs there. You also mentioned that you only drink on occasion. I would go for the good stuff but keep it to a minimum. Good luck and have fun

Closed Thread