It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board

• My wife gets best diabetes number in ages[139] after eating boiled ground flax seed

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-27-2004, 01:38 PM   #1
    Rickhard
    Inactive

Rickhard HB User
    My wife gets best diabetes number in ages[139] after eating boiled ground flax seed

Hi. My wife has suffered from diabetes for many years. After eating a quarter cup of boiled ground flax seed for six days she gets her best number in a long, long time. I read that it can help control your blood sugar but I didn't expect anything like this. Has anyone experienced anything similar after eating ground flax seed. She and i were eating it raw and neither of us noticed anything. After only three days of eating the boiled ground flax seed I noticed my mental and physical energy level was way up. My wife usually gets diabetes numbers in the 250-400+ range. If i wasn't feeling better from eating the flax I would question her diabetes monitor. I can't remember her ever getting anything close to 139. Boiling the ground flax seed is the only recent change I can think of that we made. I can't even think of any other possibility.
    I boil the ground flax seed, 1/4 cup with 1 cup thick rolled oats and two cups water for each of us for five minutes. If you want to try it be sure to stir frequently because the ground flax really thickens it up quick and it will stick or burn if you don't. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2004, 07:07 AM   #2
    Mommyof4
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mommyof4 HB User
    Re: My wife gets best diabetes number in ages[139] after eating boiled ground flax seed

Flax seed is turning out to be wonderful stuff in our family!!LOL I haven't tried it yet but I do give the oil to my son who is almost 2. He has red flags for Autism at this point and we are waiting for a diagnosis. I have noticed a change in some of his behaviours since we started giving it to him.

I haven't tried it for my diabetes yet but I figure it can't hurt. Thanks for the tip.

Old 07-07-2004, 08:02 PM   #3
    Eagle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User
    Re: My wife gets best diabetes number in ages[139] after eating boiled ground flax seed

So how did it taste?

I've seen it in stores, might try it. You sound like it's not too bad.

Another thing, I don't want to start a new thread for this, but I just bought some PH test strips, assuming mine would be average, around 7, but it's a 5, and I guess that's really good. Won't know for sure unless someone who knows tells me or I read more in my wanderings. They were $12.98 at a health food store.

Raw green beans, cinnamon, and a bean pod tea they have at health food stores when they're not out of it all are supposed to be good.

Congrats on your good meter number by using the flax seed.

Closed Thread