It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board

• hunger pains?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-18-2005, 04:46 PM   #1
    citrusvitamin
    (female)

citrusvitamin HB User
    hunger pains?

I am a type 1 diabetic, and i was wondering if anyone here with type 1 gets bad hunger pains. I have never had hunger pains like this till i was diagnosed. I get them obviously when i have low sugar but also when my meal time starts to come around no matter what my sugar is. I get them late at night sometimes and early in the morning. Its a weird hunger pain, nothing like the hunger i would get before diabetes. Can anyone relate?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2005, 06:27 PM   #2
    Roxx
    (female)

Roxx HB User
    Re: hunger pains?

Hi, I'm Type 2 but I think I can relate to what you term "weird hunger pains." Before I was diagnosed with this, I had the strangest sensation of being hungry and yet it wasn't exactly in my stomach, it was more in the middle of my chest, if that makes any sense at all. I didn't know at the time what was causing it, just kept eating and trying to make the hungry feeling go away. Since my blood sugar has been more normal, I don't get that strange sensation anymore in my chest; now when I'm hungry, it's a "normal" feeling of hunger. You know, tummy growling for fuel...

Is this kind of what you're feeling, too?

Roxanne

Old 02-18-2005, 07:02 PM   #3
    citrusvitamin
    (female)

citrusvitamin HB User
    Re: hunger pains?

Thanx Roxx...sometimes it is in the middle of my chest but i get it even when my sugars are fine. Sometimes i will take a drink and it will go away but usually i need to eat soemthing and that is not always possible.

Closed Thread