It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board

• Diabetes and Green Tea Capsules

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-28-2006, 07:31 PM   #1
    mamak

mamak HB User
    Diabetes and Green Tea Capsules

I would like to let those know who helped me in making a decision to keep the Regular around in case of a spiked blood sugar level. I'm doing great, staying the normal range. My doctor told me to drink Green Tea everyday and I'm not a tea drinker, so I purchased the Green Tea Capsules. I need to lose 50 lbs. Has anyone with diabetes used the Green Tea Capsules and if so would you share your results. Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2006, 07:34 PM   #2
    mamak

mamak HB User
    Re: Diabetes and Green Tea Capsules

I forgot to mention also taking Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM. My joints and knees are giving me fits. Does anyone on the board use theres vitamins with their diabetic meds? All of you have been a wealth of information sharing your own experience. Maybe one of these days I can share success and quit asking so many questions. Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:08 PM   #3
    Xplosivefibres
    (male)

Xplosivefibres HB User

You may actually have a slight raise in blood sugar levels with those green tea capsuales, not much though.So no need to worry.Id say if you took them on an empty stomach your blood gluscoe is more likely to go up than if you took them with a meal!

Caffine would raise them more

I have used other fat burners before and had big raises in blodd sugar (mostly with epehdra based products)

Last edited by Xplosivefibres; 05-04-2006 at 12:10 PM.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:44 PM   #4
    AFH
    (female)

AFH HB User

I'm a diabetic and I love green tea any which way it comes. Weird I know - anyway I also have given up caffeine due to heart palpations so I only use DECAFFEINATED Green Tea. I buy my Decaffeinated Green Tea by the bulk from an Asian market and it is in pure potent form. I have never had any negative sugar reading from the Decaffeinated tea. I also add Decaffeinated Tea Liquid Extract to a protein shake when I'm short on time for breakfast. Again, I never had any bad reactions from the tea.

You can buy Decaffeinated Green Tea Capsules and Decaffeinated Green Tea Liquid Extract. The liquid extract can be added to any other liquid or solid food and you won't notice the taste.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:32 AM   #5
    AFH
    (female)

AFH HB User

BTW:
    Green Tea has a very low content of caffeine. That goes for any form ... green tea capsules, liquid extract or tea leaf.

Caffeinated green tea has less caffeine then caffeinated black tea.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:38 AM   #6
    Xplosivefibres
    (male)

Xplosivefibres HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AFH
    BTW:
    Green Tea has a very low content of caffeine. That goes for any form ... green tea capsules, liquid extract or tea leaf.

Caffeinated green tea has less caffeine then caffeinated black tea.

Well without doubt the caffine causes a rise in blood sugar so your fine then taking it without it

Closed Thread