It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board

• weak and shaky spells

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-05-2003, 12:11 PM   #1
    Jacklyn

Jacklyn HB User
    Unhappy weak and shaky spells

Sometimes I get these weak and shaky spells and the only thing that relieves them is to eat something. I have had some basic blood work done and nothing came up there. And I also wonder if I should be eating "certain" foods to combat these spells or if it doesn't matter what I eat as long as I eat something.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2003, 03:20 PM   #2
    Kre

Kre HB User
    Sounds like you are having "lows", that is your blood sugar is dropping too low.

Be sure and test with glucometer when this happens so you will no whether to eat or not. Usually, eating a small amount of carbohydrate along with protien will bail you out "IF" it is due to blood sugar going too low.

If you are a type 2 diabetic, eating several small meals will be better than 3 main meals. This will help keep the blood sugar level at a more even level avoiding the highs or lows.

Testing is the only way to know what is going on at the time you have these feelings.

Old 08-11-2003, 05:10 PM   #3
    Eagle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User
    If your blood sugar is way too low, try to eat something protein, but if it's not handy, a carb will do, even a regular pop with sugar, if you're about to pass out and people around you might think you're just drunk. Some people carry glucose tablets, and a medic alert necklance or bracelet. Don't you dread those episodes, when you spill liquids, aren't yourself, maybe very irritable, and anything could happen?

Closed Thread