It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board

• low blood sugar every time I test

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-21-2003, 01:36 PM   #1
    luvmyboys

luvmyboys HB User
    Post low blood sugar every time I test

Just wondering if anyone ever has low blood sugar a lot. I went to the doctor and had all the tests of course and had to do a month of finger testing. During this month my levels were never above 90. Usually in the 70's. So when I went back to the doctor they said that I could be pre-diabetic. Let me tell you, I do not really watch my sugar intake as I am underwieght anyway. There are times however when my blood sugar plummets down to the 50's. I'm usually feeling pretty nauseous and shakey at this time and of course go find some sugar. This only happens the week following my period (days 8 -20 or so). Then all goes away. Also during this time I feel sick - nausea, ibs, panic attacks and headaches. Anyone know of any corelation here? My current meds are prevacid, carafate and xanax. Any help? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2003, 06:38 PM   #2
    Kre

Kre HB User
    You need to eat a balanced diet of certain amount of carbs in order to keep your blood sugar level more even.

Try "grazing" method of eating and see if that works for you. Eat foods the same as diabetics do, that is, avoid starches/sweets since they will digest fast and allow the sugar level to spike and then drop suddenly. Eating protein and non-starch carbs frequently will go a long ways in controlling the low's. This does not mean large portions, only the right size portions that your body needs.

Old 09-22-2003, 10:21 AM   #3
    luvmyboys

luvmyboys HB User
    Thanks. I usually try to do that, but sometimes my gastritis and IBS act up so bad I have a really hard time eating as it has the past two weeks. That's always when the blood sugar acts up too. I have a hard time finding the right things to eat on a bad or upset stomach. Any ideas?

Old 09-25-2003, 06:46 PM   #4
    322284699mjn

322284699mjn HB User
    Cool

I'm not a doctor but anyone with low levels of blood sugar such a you is ABSOLUTELY NOT DIABECTIC.
    You need to be consistantly above 120 to be borderline
    diabetic.
    Good Luck

Closed Thread