It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board

Cinnamon Question

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2006, 07:59 AM   #16
PollyAnn
(female)

PollyAnn HB User
Re: Cinnamon Question

Quote:
The other evening a neighbor of mine went into a diabetic comma with a reading of 72. That blew my mind for mine has been as low as that many times and I have no symptoms. It has gotten down in the low 50's and 40's and this is when I feel it.
One Diabetic is different then the other. Some don't get the same results using the same exact supplement. I don't take any meds and also realize there is a difference between Diabetics who take the same meds. As far as comfortable sugar readings - that also depends on the person. You'll find a slight difference in recommened levels from any book, website and/or from people being told by their own doctors.

I 'personally' know I feel my best when I am at about 90/95. That may seem high to some but when it goes below that - I immediately feel off balanced. Maybe in time my body will adjust to being at a lower number but for now at 90/95 I feel like a non-diabetic person. One time my sugar dropped to 78 and I thought I was going to hit the floor so for now I know where to generally keep my level at to feel my best.

PollyAnn

Last edited by PollyAnn; 10-26-2006 at 08:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2006, 11:31 PM   #17
RAINIE73
(female)

RAINIE73 HB User

I also feel my best when my bs is 90-95. When it goes in the 70's I start feeling dizzy and lightheaded and my mood swings get horrible (most people that I am close too, know to feed me or get out of my way ......LOL!)
I take 15/ 500 Met/Actos combo 2x daily and also many herbal supplements including lots of cinnamon (pill form and on my snacks and cereals)
I was diagnosed with PCOS - poly cystic ovarian disorder/disease (8 yrs ago) and diabetes (6 yrs ago), which run hand in hand with each other.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:32 PM   #18
RAINIE73
(female)

RAINIE73 HB User

opppps hit the button to many times

Last edited by RAINIE73; 10-27-2006 at 11:35 PM.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:32 PM   #19
RAINIE73
(female)

RAINIE73 HB User

opppps hit the button to many times

Last edited by RAINIE73; 10-27-2006 at 11:35 PM.

Old 10-28-2006, 03:26 AM   #20
Takecare
(male)

Takecare HB User

Cinnamon sticks are natural, very effective & has no side effects what so ever. Its so very Cheap & practically available every grocery shop at less than a dollar per Pound. Just buy some sticks & grind it at home to make Powder. It surely helps not only for the Diabetes, but also helps in Good Cholestrals, Digestion & liver system. Even if you take the same as Tablet, You are helping your self as Supplement & Its as Good as natural.

Further, If you wish to see some visible results, do take regulerly for 6-8 Weeks, 1/2 Tea spoon, as breakfast & 1/2 at dinner time.

Basically, you are not taking this as medicine, and dont have to stop your medicines, without medical advice. Since these are natural supplements, helping your Diabetes / Cholestrols / Digesting system & Lever, I will like you to continue as long as you can. I does no harm.

If you are further more interested in your health, Just try & feel better -
" Soak over night, 8-10 Raisins (seedless green or golden dried grapes) in
1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice. Eat them next morning before breakfast, with 1/2 teaspoon each of cinnamon & fenugreek Powder daily.

Take some natural Garlic, vitamin C & B6 daily, with the food rich in
Magnesium & Chromium. Increase your Drinking Water Intake to Double or More.Add some Bitter Gourd to your food.

Use the Supplements in Natural Forms,If finding natural is difficult, take them as Tablets or Pills.

This simple & easy home remedy, as a supplement, can remarkably reduce
the blood glucose in majority of Type 2 Diabetics.
Please take interest in your health. Do whats necessary. Avoid Sugur & those foods, thats detrimental to diabetics. Know more about you & the Remedies that can help you. Diabetes is very much controlable if you are determined to control. So be awake & Do "Takecare"

Last edited by Takecare; 12-21-2006 at 02:50 PM. Reason: some mistakes in body

Old 10-28-2006, 05:46 AM   #21
porterville
(female)

porterville HB User

Dear TakeCare

I am a diabetic2 and I take cinnamon on my cereal in the morning and on foods it taste good. I take it naturally, I also eat the grapes and garlic, they are a big help.

However, what is fenugeek. I don't know if I am spelling it right. Please tell me what it is.

Thank you, Ruth

Old 10-31-2006, 06:32 AM   #22
Takecare
(male)

Takecare HB User

Fenugreek, is basically a Natural Herb, very common & very much in use with Indian kitchens & households. Even Its very popular with asians.
Its called as "METHI". You may easily find it with any Indian Grossery Shop or ask any Indian Restaurent or Indian who will not only guide you also may Show you or gift you as Its not at all expensive.
Its Tested & proved to be of much benefial effects to Diabetics.
Goodluck & "Takecare"

Closed Thread