It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board

• High Levels...Need Help PLEASE!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-18-2010, 04:22 AM   #1
    Mare46
    (female)

Mare46 HB User
    High Levels...Need Help PLEASE!

I am hoping someone out there can give me the info I need. My husband has T2 diabetes and has for the last 5 years. He was on just metformin, glipizide, and januvia, but now he is on the Levemir flexpen because his numbers were getting up in the 200's. Now he takes 1000 mg of metformin in the morning and evening and 90 units of levemir flexpen a day, 50 in the morning, and 40 at night before bed. His numbers are still running in the mid 200's when he takes his readings in the morning and at night. He goes to visit our doctor once every 2 weeks, and the doctor says that his levels will even out here in the near future, and that it takes awhile for this to happen. We are both new to this and are scared because of his high level readings, even while on all this new insulin. Can anyone out there relate to our situation, and give me some information on this and if this is normal and if what the doctor says will happen..as we are both concerned...Thank you so very much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2010, 05:31 AM   #2
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
    Re: High Levels...Need Help PLEASE!

When it comes to having good health, there is no better "medicine" than a balanced, healthy and appropriate diet.

Do you know how many calories your husband eats with each meal and over an entire day? Does he eat foods that are diabetes-friendly? Does he avoid white rice, white potatoes and white pasta?

Does your husband limit his diet to carbohydrates that are normally recommended for diabetics?

Does your husband have a daily exercise program?

Insulin is one of the most important and beneficial hormones. But.... when the body is not handling Insulin effectively, such as when one has out of control Diabetes or Insulin Resistance, it can result in damage to organs, glands, nerve ending, muscles, bones, etc.

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread