It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board

• So confused: Chronic yeast Infections

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
    helpless11
    (female)

helpless11 HB User
    Angry So confused: Chronic yeast Infections

This is a wonderful board that has been made! I am hoping someone can pick up on my situation and give me some advice. The situation is that I am 29 years old. I have dealt with Chronic yeast infections since puberty. This means I would get them every FEW months. At least 6 in a year. The last year however, I have had a continuous yeast infection (12 months so far) and possibly BV a few times that WILL NOT cure with ANYTHING. I have done everything with my soaps and personal items and no change. Lately, I have been on Terrazol 6 day cream along with a weekly regiment of Diflucan for the past 6 weeks. I went to the doctor on Friday and he was sure it was an irritation but when he checked me, sure enough....There was yeast! He was baffled. He could not believe I had the yeast. Terrazol and Diflucan is not all I have been on within the last year. I have had several diffirent prescriptions, i have done homeopathic stuff liek pau de Arco, Mineral Clay, garlic, special yest cleanses and have gone weeks with no treatment thinking maybe my system was just overloaded. NOTHING! He asked me if I had been tested for Diabetes. About 6 months ago Cholestcheck came to town and I had the Glucose test done where they pricked my finger AND I had the Hemoglobin A1c test done. Glucose was fine. Hemoglobin test I was a 7.5 which he said was slightly elevated so I should get checked every year but nothing to worry about! My dad says to take my butt in and have the REAL test done with the drink and blood draws so I will have my doctor write me orders for that. I thought that Hemoglobin A1c test was all I needed since it shows the last 3-4 months. My doctor did say that he thinks its a bit possible that I have sugar spilling into my urine and if Im not diabetic then hes not sure why. He cleaned me out inside with a bedadine cleanse which he said should kill all good and bad bacteria and to give it a few days and if I still have problems then he wants me to try Nystatan suppositories. I had been checked by the health department before and she said there was no sign of glabrata which is a super hard to treat yeast. I have had all urine and blood test run for STD's and I check out fine. A little family history: My mom had an autoimune deficiency disorder, I have had two children c-section, my father has diabetes (he does not take insulin). And my Grandma has diabetes as well and it is iffy is she needs insulin. So can anyone shed any light. I do not think this is any kind of vulvodyna or anything like that. This is yeast. I can smell it. It is a strong dough like smell and sometime I can smell it when I urinate. Sometimes the little suckers dont want to culture under the scope and test negative on clinical tests but the doctor can see via his eyes the tiny yeast structures or grains telling him it is yeast?! Do you think it could be diabetes?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
    FLguy
    Inactive
    (male)

FLguy HB User
    Re: So confused: Chronic yeast Infections

Tough to get rid of and entire life style may need to be turned upside down. Number one is it is vital the colon be cleaned. It is vital the acid alkaline ratio be brought into line. So here is what I did oxy colon cleanser,spirulina,juicing,fasting,bread elimination, no sugar,no colas,no coffee, limited meats,raw foods, wheat grass, and anything green. It will take time but its the only thing that works. Pau de arco is a band aid but it does not hurt,garlic is good but you need to eat whole garlic cloves often, or maybe grind it up and eat it in foods, always raw.I also think whole cranberries are good from the grocery store in the produce department. I juice them and they eliminate critters from the colon. Probiotics are needed along with onion juice from the juicer, yuch. let your food be your medicine.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

helpless11: Good info from eb2340. You might also consider a gluten free diet. Celiac disease is often associated with diabetes. It's an intolerance to gluten. Sugar is a big problem that causes yeast. You need a big detox of your body right now.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
    SamQKitty
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User

An A1c of 6.5 or above is enough to diagnose T2 diabetes. Combined with the constant yeast infections, I think it's pretty certain that you do have diabetes.

I had constant yeast infections for years until I got diagnosed and got my blood glucose under tighter control. Haven't had a yeast infection for over twenty years now.

Ruth

Closed Thread