It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board

• could this be diabetes

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
    jonathanb
    (male)

jonathanb HB User
    could this be diabetes

for the past 1 week now i have beenalways feel starving like as soon as i have had something i am still hungary also everyday i am gettting a sweet taste in mouth and feeling really tired with no energy to move but i aint shaking. Also my hands a really dry and i have to keep them warm by having a hot water with me all the time also i keep going deaf in one ear every hour

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
    PonyLover375
    (female)

PonyLover375 HB UserPonyLover375 HB User
    Re: could this be diabetes

Hi
    First of all, you really need to make a doc appointment if you can. They are the only ones who can really know because they know your history and such. Theres alot of different problems your things could be caused by, like thyroid issues or any number of things or even a virus. BUT only your doctor can test you for things and help you.

But heres a little info on diabetes. Theres two types- type 1, and type 2.

Type 1 is when your pancreas completely ceases to produce insulin, which regulates your blood sugar. You can get it from a virus if it attacks your pancreas or any number of other things. My mom was one of the unlucky individuals who got it from a simple flu which attacked her pancreas when she was very young. Here's some of the symptoms of type 1-

•Feeling tired or fatigued

•Feeling hungry

•Being very thirsty

•Urinating more often

•Losing weight without trying

•Having blurry eyesight

•Losing the feeling or feeling tingling in your feet

If you do have type 1, it's very serious and requires treatment- insulin injections. If your sugar level gets too high you could get in serious trouble.

now another issue is hypoglycemia- which is where the pancreas produces too much insulin and makes your sugar levels drop. The symptoms-
    •Headache

•Hunger

•Nervousness

•Rapid heartbeat (palpitations)

•Shaking

•Sweating

•Weakness

The treatment for that is alot easier but you have to keep close tabs on it

Type 2 diabetes is different from 1 in that it can be caused by being overweight or a bad diet. Type 2 diabetes is the most common form of diabetes. When you have type 2 diabetes, the body does not respond correctly to insulin. This is called insulin resistance. Insulin resistance means that fat, liver, and muscle cells do not respond normally to insulin. As a result blood sugar does not get into cells to be stored for energy.
    People who are overweight are more likely to have insulin resistance, because fat interferes with the body's ability to use insulin.Type 2 diabetes usually occurs gradually. Most people with the disease are overweight at the time of diagnosis. However, type 2 diabetes can also develop in those who are thin, especially the elderly. Family history and genetics play a large role in type 2 diabetes. Low activity level, poor diet, and excess body weight (especially around the waist) significantly increase your risk for type 2 diabetes.

Symptoms
    Often, people with type 2 diabetes have no symptoms at all. If you do have symptoms, they may include:

•Blurred vision

•Erectile dysfunction

•Fatigue

•Frequent or slow-healing infections

•Increased appetite

•Increased thirst

•Increased urination

So for you if it was diabetes- keyword if- i think you would line up more with type 1. Do you by chance have or know someone with a blood sugar meter so you could test it? Normal fasting (no eating for more than 2 hours) is between 70-100. I hope this helped a little bit. You can always look it up also.
    I'd encourage you to get an appointment with the doctor because your problems could be any number of things
    Blessings!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    smile

Last edited by PonyLover375; 05-01-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:15 AM   #3
    jonathanb
    (male)

jonathanb HB User

ok thanks well i do go for diabetes test on thursday so i will have to wait for the results

The following user gives a hug of support to jonathanb:
    PonyLover375 (05-02-2011)
    Old 05-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
    PonyLover375
    (female)

PonyLover375 HB UserPonyLover375 HB User

Your welcome Good luck and let me know what you find out!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    smile

Old 05-03-2011, 07:41 AM   #5
    jonathanb
    (male)

jonathanb HB User

well i rang the doctos up this afternoon and they did'nt say if i had diabetes thye just said to come in next tues for a appointment and they would'nt tell me my results so do you think there is anything to worry about

Old 05-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #6
    JJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

If they want to see you next week it's a possibility they found something and wish to discuss it. If it is borderline maybe they wish to discuss diet and exercise. Usually if it is just starting they try to have one get their numbers lower without meds. or will prescribe a low dose of something.

Wishing you the best, and keep us posted...JJ...

Old 05-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #7
    jonathanb
    (male)

jonathanb HB User

yer thanks well i rang them back up and said i still aint feeling right so they have booked me in for tomrrow insted of next weeek so hoperfully i will get some news

Old 05-04-2011, 03:10 AM   #8
    jonathanb
    (male)

jonathanb HB User

well i went today and they said i am anemic and did'nt have diabetes

Old 05-04-2011, 05:57 AM   #9
    JJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Well that is pretty good news as anemia can be easily treated.

Thanks for the update and good luck..JJ...

Old 05-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #10
    jonathanb
    (male)

jonathanb HB User

well the doctor said i am anemic and really underweight and that is the reason i am not going toielt much. She said to have my fruit and veg with meals. so could anyone give me any good meal plans or ides how to put on weight and help with my low iron without upsetting my ibs

Closed Thread