It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board

• Type 2 Lower leg pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
    cccashwell
    (male)

cccashwell HB User
    Question Lower leg pain

I'm new,
    I have type 2 diabetes which the Dr. discovered from routine blood work. Diabetes runs in both my father and mothers family (father lived with it for 42 not what he died of) mother has it (treated orally and diet) both brothers all four grandparents so as i said it runs in the family. Will address that later. About a year and a half ago i starting having lower leg pain in my left leg (no cold feet, no tingling toes, feet did not hurt) Pain severe at times was concentrated mainly in calf no pain at knee or above. The pain got worse if i walked or exercised. To start off with the pain was only in left leg. Later started have pain in right leg same area. Now the pain in my left leg is gone but my right leg mainly ancle which at times feels like i have broken it and severe calf pain. Any help guesses or any good feedback would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
    isyouisoraint
    (male)

isyouisoraint HB User
    Re: Lower leg pain

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cccashwell View Post
    I'm new,
    I have type 2 diabetes which the Dr. discovered from routine blood work. Diabetes runs in both my father and mothers family (father lived with it for 42 not what he died of) mother has it (treated orally and diet) both brothers all four grandparents so as i said it runs in the family. Will address that later. About a year and a half ago i starting having lower leg pain in my left leg (no cold feet, no tingling toes, feet did not hurt) Pain severe at times was concentrated mainly in calf no pain at knee or above. The pain got worse if i walked or exercised. To start off with the pain was only in left leg. Later started have pain in right leg same area. Now the pain in my left leg is gone but my right leg mainly ancle which at times feels like i have broken it and severe calf pain. Any help guesses or any good feedback would be great.

I feel your pain, literally. I'm also a recent diagnosted t 2 diabetic. Not overwheight and like to do alot of walking. About 4 times in that past 6 weeks I will come home from work with a fever and chills. Go to bed and wake up with severe lower leg pains. One day it was so bad I couldn't walk. Dr. Said it was likely a virus. I'm not so sure. the following episods were less severe but I staying home today and my legs are achey. I'm not sure what is going on. Never has happened to me before.!

Closed Thread