It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Advice on Carbohydrate-free Diet

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-27-2015, 07:10 AM   #1
    Raphael4722
    (male)

Raphael4722 HB User
    Advice on Carbohydrate-free Diet

I read that carbohydrates gives you blood sugar spikes and can eventually lead to insulin resistance. This motivated me to cut all bread, pasta, rice and similiar foods from my diet, starting last week. However, the only way I'm able to get enough calories is by eating loads of meat, fish and eggs. Eating a lot of meat is bound to have its own disadvantages so I'm having doubts as to whether this diet is worth it. Should I continue with it?

Also, I'm constantly getting really thirsty now even though I drink more than I did before. Is that a bad sign or is it normal? If anyone else has experience with this sort of diet I would really appreciate some advise.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2015, 02:42 PM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Advice on Carbohydrate-free Diet

I say, "yes" to cutting out all refined carbohydrates, but not complex carbohydrates. Good insulin control (balance) can be achieved with complex carbs by limiting consumption to one serving per meal. For example, one serving of whole grain rice with a meal. And there are many other intact grains to choose from.

By eating a diet high in animal protein you're missing out on a lot of phytonutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fiber. And you're likely to become constipated because of a lack of fiber.

Perhaps you are thirsty because of a lack of fresh fruit and vegetables in your diet. Fresh fruit and vegetables naturally contain lots of water.

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnR41 For This Useful Post:
    HerbalLivin (10-29-2015)
    Closed Thread