It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• I need the perfect meal plan

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-22-2015, 04:24 PM   #1
    yamikodama
    (female)

yamikodama HB User
    Wink I need the perfect meal plan

Hello Forum!
    I am looking for the perfect everything you need meal plan for staying healthy and maybe even losing a little weight (;
    When I say this I mean the exact meal plan down to the exact foods. I am asking this because I eat the same thing everyday! I want to continue this but with the perfect meal plan!

I currently eat a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast
    A mixed greens salad for lunch
    and usually some red meat or chicken with white rice for dinner.
    I only drink water and tea, no pop usually. and I don't really snack but i want to! I know snacking is supposed to be better and all that shiz.

So I guess I mostly want to know what your guys opinion is for the perfect meal plan mostly trying to get everything I need in breakfast and lunch and maybe mix it / eat what I want sometimes for dinner so yeah, mostly breakfast and lunch..

Help me out here!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2015, 09:10 PM   #2
    CallMeMagenta
    (female)

CallMeMagenta HB User
    Re: I need the perfect meal plan

Hey, when you come up with that I want it too! I want mine to be really simple foods that don't require a lot of prep time. I would definitely lose the white rice and probably the cream cheese in your current diet.

Old 12-23-2015, 03:22 PM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Hi there, First of all, the bagel and cream cheese is not going to help you lose weight. Loaded with fat and carbohydrates, this is not a healthy option. Try switching to a tub of lowfat, no sugar yogurt...both healthy and loaded with calcium, this is a better choice. IF you have to have carbs, switch to multi grain or whole grain toast with no sugar jam or low fat butter...egg whites are also really healthy, you can do an egg white omlet with veggies cooked in a bowl in the microwave in seconds.

For lunch, stick with salads and fruit...big salads both fill you up and give you plenty of natural vitamins and minerals. I add a hard cooked egg or some cheese to mine for protein. If a salad wont work, try eating Turkey Breast, the kind without preservatives, you can buy preserative free lunchmeats at the deli in most supermarkets. If this still doesnt work consider eating tuna...high in Omegas, and low in unhealty fats, it is a good choice for dieters. Just be careful of how much mayo you add....I eat mine without when I am counting calories.

Hope this helps!
    MSnik

Old 01-04-2016, 08:23 AM   #4
    ranasra
    (male)

ranasra HB User

Hi,

I know a good meal plan and if u followed it , I'll guarantee you to be healthy all your life . it' is simple, just eat whatever you want not until you are hungry and don't eat
    until get full . you stomach should divided to 3 portions, 1/3 for food , a 1/3 for water and the last 1/3 for air .

Old 01-05-2016, 01:28 PM   #5
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by yamikodama View Post
    Hello Forum!
    I am looking for the perfect everything you need meal plan for staying healthy and maybe even losing a little weight (;
    When I say this I mean the exact meal plan down to the exact foods.
    I could teach you about a good diet fairly quickly, but "the perfect everything"? That will take a little longer.

Quote:
    I am asking this because I eat the same thing everyday! I want to continue this but with the perfect meal plan!
    Well, I'm a healthy vegan, so of course the perfect meal plan is vegan.

Quote:
    I currently eat a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast
    I would drop the bagel and cream cheese from your breakfast. Start with a small bowl of chopped fresh fruit and berries -a little of this and a little of that. Use whatever is in season so it won't be too expensive. (Believe it or not, all fruit contains some protein.) Then cook one serving of oatmeal (Old fashioned or, better yet, steel-cut oats). Then top it or mix in chopped walnuts.
    You don't need to use milk for protein. Fruit, oatmeal and nuts all contain protein and fiber. In addition, this breakfast will give you loads of vitamins, antioxidants and phytochemicals.

Quote:
    A mixed greens salad for lunch.
    Great! Salads usually contain good nutrition, fiber and protein (with or without beans). But just to make sure, I would add 1/2 cup or more of beans. And it's not just for the protein. Beans contain lots of fiber, antioxidants etc. Now for the size of the salad: No mickey mouse salad, please!!!! Make it in a LARGE SALAD BOWL. The bigger the better. No commercial salad dressing. Perhaps you might use a squirt of lemon juice and a teaspoon or two of olive oil.

I don't know what vegetables you put in your salads but anything goes, cooked or raw. However, cruciferous vegetables should be cooked. If you don't want to have the same thing every day, you can change the ingredients according to what you have on hand. Different vegetables, greens and beans or lentils. There are so many different things you can put in a salad. Get creative.

Last edited by JohnR41; 01-05-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:38 PM   #6
    Jon792
    (male)

Jon792 HB User

I believe in low carb. It helps with a lot of things besides losing weight and obsessing over food due to hunger is almost completely gone. I believe people can lose weight on any diet, but it needs to be one that works for you. That being said, here's my 2 cents!

Breakfast - whole eggs. Mix it up and make it into an omelet with some veggies, but if want something quick, just scramble some eggs.

Your current lunch is perfect!

For dinner, eat the same meal you eat now, just lose the rice. Add a salad or some extra steamed veggies. You can eat as much veggies and salad as you like.

Don't be afraid of fat, but don't over do it either. Eat until you're satisfied, not full!

Let me know how that works out for you!

Old 01-26-2016, 01:18 PM   #7
    TinaO88
    (female)

TinaO88 HB User

At the beginning of the year I started a free meal and exercise plan from Liporidex. It is great because they give you 3 meals/day + a list of approved snacks (2/day). Theres even a shopping list to make it super easy! I have been loving it so far, super easy for me.

Closed Thread

Tags
    eating time, food choices, health, meals, weight loss