It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Can not eating enough cause memory to be less good?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-13-2016, 02:33 PM   #1
    gal3323
    Veteran
    (female)

gal3323 HB User
    Can not eating enough cause memory to be less good?

I have lost some wt for awhile. It seems like I can't really remember little things like what to buy at the store. I don't know why ya. Does anyone know being kind of thin can make have a hard time remembering things. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2016, 02:54 PM   #2
    gal3323
    Veteran
    (female)

gal3323 HB User
    Re: Can not eating enough cause memory to be less good?

Ya it seems like I am still not remembering little things that well ever since I lost some weight though. I have some anxiety about it. Does anyone know if any condition can cause a little memory loss though. I am just thinking mine is cuz of my weight loss though. Thanks.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:29 PM   #3
    gal3323
    Veteran
    (female)

gal3323 HB User

I am still having some memory loss even though I am gaining weight though. Shoudn't my memory get a little better. Ya I want to know does not weighing enough cause memory loss. Can anyone tell me. Thanks.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:55 PM   #4
    BeingFit
    (male)

BeingFit HB User

The loss of weight will not cause memory loss unless you are deficient in some vitamins or minerals. I have always been thin and have a great memory. I would suggest taking a high quality whole food multi-vitamin for a couple weeks and see if your memory improves.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:44 PM   #5
    jonas123
    (male)

jonas123 HB User

EXCELLENT point. My memory and learning ability is always HEIGHTENED whenever I eat healthier. Sometimes I can simply read something just one time over and remember ALL of it. I was diagnosed with disorganized schizophrenia for quite some time. Subsequently, I received a diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia. Now, whenever I see my psych doc for a checkup, he just simply writes "f.20" which is classified as "miscellaneous". I have an excellent memory, if I choose to have one. Diet also plays an integral role in overall cognitive functioning and peak performance. In particular, choline and methylcobalamin, found in meats, are great cognitive enhancers. The methylcobalamin, along with methyltetrahydrofolate and methionine, are excellent chelators for heavy metals like Aluminum and Silicon in the form of tetrahedral zeolites oxidized with O2. Thallium is another metal to be weary of. Choline is great for memory retention. In particular, Choline Bitartrate is a good supplemental form. It works in conjunction with Acetyl-L-Carnitine and glycerylphosphorylcholine. These two are precursors to the former. Anyway, the Choline restores CNS levels due to peripheral depletion of choline. To sum up, B12 and choline are both cognitive enhancing B complex vitamins crucial for cognition. Make sure you get plenty of those two from your diet. Another critical aspect in dietetics is making sure you are eating plenty of GREENS. Those are paramount.

Last edited by jonas123; 02-15-2016 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Spelling typo for "excellent".

Old 02-15-2016, 05:57 AM   #6
    rainbowsrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB User

I would think so. The body needs certain nutrients to function properly

There is a dementia that alcoholics get as they are malnourished getting most of their calories from alcohol

Very over weight people can look well nourished but are in fact suffering from malnutrition from eating the wrong type of foods which don't provide vitamins and minerals

Old 02-25-2016, 10:20 AM   #7
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Too much red meat is bad for aging brains, according to some studies. That's because red meat contains a lot of heme iron and copper. Heme iron from red meat can build up in your system whereas non heme iron from plants will not. So get your iron (and copper) from plant sources.

Of course we need some iron and copper to maintain good health. But having to much is associated with Alzheimer's. It has something to do with iron disrupting neuron-communication in the brain.

Last edited by JohnR41; 02-25-2016 at 10:23 AM.

Closed Thread