It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Eating the same food everyday for 15 to 30 days

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-14-2016, 03:28 PM   #1
    mcstaircase
    (female)

mcstaircase HB User
    Eating the same food everyday for 15 to 30 days

Hi,

I've been searching all over the web for any information on this matter. Eating the exact same thing everyday for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And I mean the same thing. But most of the information I've found is that of people looking to loose weight.

I've been toying around with this idea for a while. Let me clarify that the reason for doing this is NOT to loose weight nor to gain it. To me it would be optimal to maintain my weight but if I loose or gain a little in the process I won't mind. The only "requirement" that I'm looking for is that I can stay relatively healthy and that the food that I'll eat is as simple and tasteless as possible.

Initially I had thought of eating only tuna, everyday all day. Out of the can in water with no complement or preparation. Unfortunately after some research, I've come across this debate of the dangers of mercury intake by doing this which is why I crossed it off my list. So now I'm contemplating beans or broccoli. So basically my question is, what can I eat everyday all day for 15 to 30 days without major heath risks? A single source of nutrition that will get me by for that period.

Thanks in advance for taking your time to help me out.

Last edited by mcstaircase; 04-14-2016 at 03:28 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to mcstaircase:
    kathreena (05-05-2016)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2016, 02:05 PM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Eating the same food everyday for 15 to 30 days

Do you plan on being marooned on a deserted island somewhere in the vast pacific ocean? Don't forget to bring some matches, and a compass.

Why do you have to choose between beans and broccoli? Why not both?

Well, if I had to choose between those two, I would choose beans because beans contain more protein, protein that you will need to keep your body from consuming its own muscle.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:35 PM   #3
    savagek
    (male)

savagek HB User

I've done this before. Its pretty easy and straightforward thing to do, It just gets a little boring after awhile.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:00 AM   #4
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcstaircase View Post
    Hi,

....... what can I eat everyday all day for 15 to 30 days without major heath risks? A single source of nutrition that will get me by for that period.
    I think the above question is too difficult, especially with so little information to go by. For example, your age, height, weight and general health status. Are you taking any prescription drugs? What will you be doing during the 15 to 30 days while you're eating just one source of nutrition? Working? Going to school? Something else?

No one can tell you in advance how your health will hold up under the unnatural conditions you are setting for yourself. If you choose beans, for example, you will not get certain nutrients like B12, or C. If you choose broccoli, you will get vitamin C but no B12. And it's unlikely that you will get enough protein unless you really eat a lot of it every day. One cup of broccoli only contains 2.57 grams of protein.

Last edited by JohnR41; 04-23-2016 at 12:17 PM.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:13 AM   #5
    dripculture
    Inactive
    (female)

dripculture HB User

If you just eat certain foods, you might not be getting the right nutrients that you need. Plus isn't it boring to eat the same food for 15-30 days?

Old 05-04-2016, 05:04 AM   #6
    gigman7
    (male)

gigman7 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dripculture View Post
    If you just eat certain foods, you might not be getting the right nutrients that you need. Plus isn't it boring to eat the same food for 15-30 days?
    If the food gives me the nutrition I need, I never thought of eating the same thing for a short period of time is all that bad. That is, if it helps me in the long run.

Old 05-05-2016, 05:08 AM   #7
    kathreena
    (female)

kathreena HB User

mcstaircase,Hi.. how are you? is that diet found in any book? or diet plan? this is my take on that..if you condition your body to eat the same for 30 days, your body will react to other foods afterwards...because it is conditioned you may already be sensitive to gluten, etc etc that might not be present in the 30day diet plan.. you need to take as much carbs as you can.. I am 33 and weigh 52 kg..since my husband was diagnosed with high cholesterol, he needs to sweat it out,a lot! I went with him last yr summer in a 3x/week jogging routine and in a month i list 4 kilos..my students will ask me if i was sick or something..it made me feel so ugly..so I started eating.. lots of rice and meat.. i eat 5 times a day..3 regular meals, breakfast which includes bread, and varied spread... lunch, then snacks, dinner and light snacks after that..in 3 months time i weighed 56 kg... everybody is now asking if I am pregnant! lol..ssorry for the long reply..

Old 05-05-2016, 05:11 AM   #8
    kathreena
    (female)

kathreena HB User

hi savagek, did you have any intolerance afterwards to any food? how did your body reacted to eating other foods after the program?

Old 05-10-2016, 06:25 AM   #9
    verba
    (male)

verba HB User

This is an interesting theory. But how would the body supplement the requirement of other nutrients that it requires, which your diet would be unable to provide?
    However, if you are talking about one recipe then seems that you must stir fry your Salmon with garlic and add a little mashed potato. Serve it on a kale leaf and eat it every day :P
    Just read (Salmon, kale, garlic and potato are nutrient rich).

Old 05-10-2016, 07:15 AM   #10
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcstaircase View Post
    Hi,

The only "requirement" that I'm looking for is that I can stay relatively healthy and that the food that I'll eat is as simple and tasteless as possible.
    I don't think it's possible to stay healthy with a diet that is so narrow.....
    and the part that confuses me is that you want the food to be as tasteless as possible?

Why? What is the reason for this? What are you hoping to achieve?

Old 05-11-2016, 10:34 AM   #11
    Moni5
    (female)

Moni5 HB User

It seems as if your body will need more nutrients.

Closed Thread

Tags
    deficiency, food, health and diet, nutrition, vitamin