It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Diet: Eat/not to eat an apple?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-02-2016, 06:39 AM   #1
    kiratio
    (female)

kiratio HB User
    Diet: Eat/not to eat an apple?

I was wondering when on a diet and trying to eat healthy but relatively low cal/ low sugar
    and one has already eaten say 2 servings of fruit in the morning, in the afternoon would it be better to eat or not to eat an apple? Calories/Sugar vs. vitamins ?
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2016, 05:08 AM   #2
    gigman7
    (male)

gigman7 HB User
    Re: Diet: Eat/not to eat an apple?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kiratio View Post
    I was wondering when on a diet and trying to eat healthy but relatively low cal/ low sugar
    and one has already eaten say 2 servings of fruit in the morning, in the afternoon would it be better to eat or not to eat an apple? Calories/Sugar vs. vitamins ?
    Thanks
    I've always thought the benefits of the nutrition of something like an apple outweigh the sugar you get. It's not like you are getting processed, unnatural sugar. But, the earlier in the day that you eat it, the better. Don't eat it within 3 hours of going to bed.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:51 PM   #3
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
    Thanks
    The trick is to select small non-sweet fruit at the supermarket. Navel oranges can be super sweet, whereas a regular, small, Florida orange will likely be a lot less sweet. And grapefruit can be even less sweet - half of a large grapefruit would be a serving.

If you buy a bag of apples, look for the bag that has the smallest apples. One small apple can be a serving, whereas a large apple is two servings.

If you buy bananas look for the ones that are small and slightly green. Over-ripe bananas can be super sweet. One very large banana can be 3 or 4 servings.

Apples and bananas are American favorites but have the least amount of antioxidants. If you're looking for lots of antioxidants and good nutrition in general, include some berries.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:31 PM   #4
    crumpets
    (female)

crumpets HB User

Quote:
    Thanks

I think it depends what the alternatives are. If you don't eat the apple what will you eat instead? The apple might be the healthier option and therefore you should eat it. If you're worried about the sugar content of the apple choose a tarter apple. Remember you are getting other benefits from eating the apple: fiber, antioxidants, flavonoids.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:40 PM   #5
    twincy
    Inactive
    (female)

twincy HB User

Try eating apple in the morning or in the noon. Avoid eating apples late evenings. Apple is a good source of iron for your body, its consumption is good for healthy body.

Closed Thread

Tags
    diet, food, health