It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Drink advice - healthy alternatives

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-22-2016, 11:12 AM   #1
    Xaine
    (male)

Xaine HB User
    Drink advice - healthy alternatives

Hi all,

To quickly provide some context - I've always had a healthy BMI untill recently when I deliberately put on about 30 pounds for a role in a short film (I work in the film industry as a Production Coordinator, and act in my spare time).

I'd never tried method acting to that extent before, and thought I'd give it a go - why not.

I'm now slimming down, so I'm hitting the gym 3 times a week - I've cut all sugar from my diet etc.

I've never really had an issue with self control, but what I am looking for is something other than water to drink. If I have to just drink water for the next 6 months, I'll probably need a straight jacket before I'm back down at a regular BMI.

I've been looking around at drinks powders that you add to water, that give additional flavour/nutrients without throwing too many calories into the mix.

However, most of the things I'm finding are either the 1-a-day variants that taste awful, or the pre-work out supplements that have creatine in them etc.

I bought a tub of 'G-Fuel' which is marketed very heavily (suspiciously heavily) as an energy drink without the sugar. It's 25 calories per 450~ ml/16oz servering, and has a bunch of added nutrients - but is also full of caffeine, and other less positive stuff as you might expect.

Does anyone have any recommendations for healthy powders that you can throw into water, that will provide some flavour and health benefits - that you could drink a few times per day?

Thanks for any help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2016, 03:45 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Drink advice - healthy alternatives

Thow lemons into your water, they help boost the metabolism and are good for you. Nothing else will help you like H2O and adding lemons is a great way to do it naturally. I also add cucumbers sometimes...not with the lemons, but instead of them just for a really cool flavor mix.
    Good luck!

Old 09-13-2016, 01:28 PM   #3
    Candi4190
    (female)

Candi4190 HB User

Vitamin Water Zero. You can get them cheap at Costco. Sweetened with stevia. I find them sweet so I sometimes dilute with mineral water. Also, try putting lemon juice in your water. It's good for you and more satisfying to drink. I sometimes drink nonalcoholic beer when I don't want something sweet. Unsweetened ice tea (green or black) is also good and you can add a little stevia to sweeten it if you want.

Old 09-13-2016, 05:49 PM   #4
    dook808
    (male)

dook808 HB User

I like the vitamin water, or the waterdowned gatorade stuff.

Old 10-10-2016, 01:07 PM   #5
    TinaO88
    (female)

TinaO88 HB User

I love to drink La Croix because it is bubbly like soda and has some flavor, but no sugar or calories. I also take something called Liporidex POS/T, which has an orange cream flavor when mixed with water. It is meant as an after workout thing, but has great stuff in it so I drink it daily whether I work out or not.

Closed Thread