It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Garlic and gas

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-11-2016, 11:29 AM   #1
    Hspotman
    (male)

Hspotman HB User
    Question Garlic and gas

Fistly, I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I did not know if it should be under bowell disorders or diet.

I have recently been eating A LOT of garlic. They say the dietary suggestion is 2-4 cloves a day. Well, I have eaten as much as 2 bulbs a day. I do not think I can overdose(medically) on garlic, but all my gas smells of it now. I had read that overdoing garlic creates bowell disorders and/or gas. So obviously I am experiencing the latter. My question is this...will there be a point when my body acclimates to the amount of garlic intake I currently do, or will I always have a lot of gas because of it? When I say a lot of gas, I mean A LOT OF GAS! I didn't get a great night's sleep last night because I was continuously farting. And not just your quick squeakers, but long loud ones. Not trying to sound crude here, but just trying to give an accurate description of my symptoms or side effects.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2016, 01:08 PM   #2
    Lovetorun630
    (female)

Lovetorun630 HB User
    Re: Garlic and gas

Why are you eating so much garlic? I would suggest skipping the two full bulbs of garlic a day and get a daily garlic supplement. Two bulbs sounds very unhealthy.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:17 PM   #3
    Hspotman
    (male)

Hspotman HB User

Not continually eating that much. I just went on a binge. I love the taste and smell of it(when cooking). My neighbors cook with it every day, and I always smell it when coming in from the parking lot. I have just been doing the roasted garlic recipes. Have been doing some roasted garlic and olive oil dipping sauce for bread. No worries, I'm just on a quick garlic kick. I'm sure I'll be over it soon.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:21 PM   #4
    Hspotman
    (male)

Hspotman HB User

BTW, there are many good health benefits from eating garlic. Good for blood pressure,circulation, and prevention of diabetes to name a few.

Closed Thread