It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

Quickly getting tired

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2017, 10:55 AM   #1
SamTi
(female)

SamTi HB User
Quickly getting tired

Hello,
Recently I've started to work at the second job, which leaves me with way less time to relax and rest. At the same time I want to continue going to the gym at least 3 times a week. But I would lie if I would say that I feel as good as I felt around a year ago... Simply getting tired quicker and quite often it feels impossible to get out of the bed in the morning.
My diet is quite healthy: mainly I do cook at home, don't eat any junk food. I still sleep the same 8h per night.
Could somebody recommend what could I do in order to feel more energised?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2017, 07:03 AM   #2
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Quickly getting tired

Hi,

Being that you just started working a second job, and it may take some time getting used to it, I would temporarily give up going to the gym or cut back on the time you spend there. Give yourself some time to adjust to working more hours. I don't think it will do any good to force yourself to workout when you don't feel you have the energy to do so; it may just make things worse.

Use the extra free time to rest, relax and reduce stress.

Last edited by JohnR41; 07-03-2017 at 07:05 AM.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:43 AM   #3
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

I work several jobs and feel your pain! I know exactly what you are describing!

Two things...how early do you go to bed? I am in bed by 8:30 every night because I am up at 4 am....what time do you work out? I work out at 5 am, because if I wait until 6 pm when I am finished working, I dont make it to the gym. I spend about 90 minutes in the gym 4 days a week (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday) because believe it or not, when I do NOT work out, I am more tired! Working out, does give your body energy...

It will take some time to get used to the new schedule. Be patient with yourself, but think about going to bed earlier and working out at a different time of day if you can. Maybe you can get a fast walk in at lunch time or ride a bike to one of your jobs? This can add exercise into your day without interrupting the limited time you have to actually exercise at the gym.

I also teach online...when I teach, I am standing up in my home office. I wear ankle weights and do some marching in place while teaching...every little thing you can do to work your muscles counts as working out! Think about how you can incorporate more exercise into your day.

Eventually you will get used to the schedule, but remember the more you work out, the more energy you will have in the long run. Dont fall into a rut of not working out because you are tired...find a different way to exercise.
Good luck!

Old 07-08-2017, 08:19 AM   #4
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Just as a precaution, I think it might be worthwhile to discuss the possibility of an underlying health condition. There are so many possibilities that I'm sure I won't be able to mention all of them. So here are just a few that presently come to mind:

Hypothyroidism: A classic symptom is tiredness, lack of energy or lethargy.

B12 Deficiency: Even on a healthy diet some people just fail to absorb enough B12 from their food.

Coronary Artery Disease: This is not just a disease of old age; it can happen at any age. And not everyone with heart disease suffers chest pains. Sometimes the only symptom is feeling tired all the time. It could range from simple tiredness in the beginning to extreme fatigue as the disease progresses.

Therefore, as a precaution, it might be a good idea to see your doctor and get a complete checkup before embarking on an exercise regimen.

Last edited by JohnR41; 07-08-2017 at 08:25 AM.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:37 AM   #5
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

I also suggest you see your doctor and have pertinent blood testing done to check if anything else is going on.

keep us updated please,
q

Last edited by quincy; 07-08-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:42 AM   #6
SamTi
(female)

SamTi HB User

I did speak to family doctor who recommended me to try to supplement my diet with some specific multivitamins. It's been more than two weeks and I can honestly feel a positive difference the only other thing I need to adjust is my sleeping regime.

Reply Reply

Tags
energy