It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

Advise on this diet

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2017, 08:12 PM   #1
Harryeats
(male)

Harryeats HB User
Advise on this diet

Hi Everyone

I am a 168cm/57kg male with an office job. I wanna ask if this diet is ok and safe. I wanted to save some money and help my own digestion, so I am increasing the amount of liquid food in my diet. I am just afraid that too much liquid will make my digestion worse, but it actually seems better for now. But my tongue seems to have this very small almost sweet taste for now, so I am afraid I might get diabetes from this or something. Or maybe it is because of the drink after meals that masked the meal's taste lol.

Daily food---
Breakfast:Bread and Soyamilk
Lunch: One bowl of rice, small serving of meat and vege
After Lunch: one cup of milo
Dinner: One and a half bowl of rice, middle serving of meat and vege
After Dinner: Blended Fruit Juice with some syrup and water

Exercise----
Light Jogging and burppes twice a week.

Regards
Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2017, 09:22 AM   #2
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Advise on this diet

Are you eating whole grain rice? Whole grain rice has more fiber and nutrients and may be better for your digestion. It may also help you to avoid diabetes.

Are you eating 100% whole grain bread? Whole grain bread has more fiber and nutrients too. Same as for rice: it may help with digestion and help to avoid diabetes. Hopefully, it will be made from sprouts and not have a lot of additives like sugar or corn syrup.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:52 AM   #3
tess201
Senior Veteran
(female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User

Hi,

Just be aware that you're eating a lot of carbs: bread, rice (2 meals), fruit juice, syrup, milo? - I don't know what this is. If I was concerned about diabetes I would want to follow a low-carb diet which probably would also help with digestion issues as well. Soy is something not everyone can tolerate but if you can, fine.

Best,

Tess

Last edited by tess201; 08-23-2017 at 08:53 AM.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:35 AM   #4
vooda
(male)

vooda HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryeats View Post
Hi Everyone

I am a 168cm/57kg male with an office job. I wanna ask if this diet is ok and safe. I wanted to save some money and help my own digestion, so I am increasing the amount of liquid food in my diet. I am just afraid that too much liquid will make my digestion worse, but it actually seems better for now. But my tongue seems to have this very small almost sweet taste for now, so I am afraid I might get diabetes from this or something. Or maybe it is because of the drink after meals that masked the meal's taste lol.

Daily food---
Breakfast:Bread and Soyamilk
Lunch: One bowl of rice, small serving of meat and vege
After Lunch: one cup of milo
Dinner: One and a half bowl of rice, middle serving of meat and vege
After Dinner: Blended Fruit Juice with some syrup and water

Exercise----
Light Jogging and burppes twice a week.

Regards
Harry
You should do like I did and find an online program to keep track of EXACTLY what you eat. You will be surprised at the calories you really eat.
I will say it's not all about calories but carbs as well as bad fats.

Old 08-24-2017, 06:44 AM   #5
Harryeats
(male)

Harryeats HB User

Try out whole grains, Balanced carbs, Avoid bad fats. Alright thanks for advice

Old 08-24-2017, 11:57 PM   #6
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User

Harry, it's great that you are working on a plan for health.

Please be aware that soy contains a concentrate of female hormones (estrogen), so it is not a good food source for males, or for females. The people pushing the idea of soy products as a food for humans are the very people that grow it. So of course they say it's healthy. Maybe in the beginning they didn't know about the female hormones, but they certainly know it now.

It would be better to use cow milk and get the calcium from it. Or use pure almond milk, which is safe & nutritious.

The main thing besides that, in my opinion, is to add more low fat protein to your diet. One serving of meat or poultry is the size of a deck of cards. That is not too expensive, and is way better nutrition than bread or grains. We all need lots of dark green, yellow and red vegetables, as well as dark colored berries

Also, blended Fruit Juice with some syrup and water is nothing but carbs and has no food value. That should be avoided, esp. if you are trying to avoid diabetes. For an after dinner drink it would be better to blend some milk (or almond milk), some dark colored berries, and some powdered protein powder (that does NOT contain soy). It is nutritious,non fattening, tastes sweet without any sugar and is extremely satisfying and healthy.

You may want to alternate jogging and walking if you can.

Last edited by YaYagirl; 08-24-2017 at 11:58 PM.

Reply Reply