It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

Are there any kind of things to eat that don't really cause weight gain though.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2017, 05:54 PM   #1
gal3323
(female)

gal3323 HB User
Are there any kind of things to eat that don't really cause weight gain though.

I have been gaining some weight though I don't want to anymore. I was thinking of trying to find other things to eat that won't cause weight gain. Does anyone know of any. Any advice would be nice ya. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2017, 07:15 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Are there any kind of things to eat that don't really cause weight gain though.

Vegetables and fruit are your best bets. Snacking on high fiber fruit such as Apples is about 100 calories and help keep you from being hungry. Celery sticks, carrot sticks and greens are low in calories as well.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:59 AM   #3
dieselpower
(male)

dieselpower HB User
Re: Are there any kind of things to eat that don't really cause weight gain though.

I have a neighbor that would eat vegetables and beans whenever she got hungry and she ended up losing quite a bit of weight. i would say anywhere from 40-70 lbs (this was coupled with some light activity that she didn't do before this)

Old 10-28-2017, 12:20 PM   #4
foundsomething
Inactive
(male)

foundsomething HB User

You probably can't go too far wrong snacking on carrots.

Old 04-10-2018, 03:18 AM   #5
789456Jenna
(female)

789456Jenna HB User

I remember the advice of my gym instructor that I should eat foods rich with Fiber, Calcium & Vitamin D, Good fats, Protein, More Water and Green Tea. I think that's the best for losing weight.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:30 AM   #6
tess201
Senior Veteran
(female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User

high protein, low carb

Old 04-14-2018, 01:12 PM   #7
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Do about 95% of your shopping in the produce department of your supermarket.

Other departments:

Bread: Whole grain bread made from sprouts. (Usually kept in the freezer dept. because it doesn't contain a preservative.)

Other complex carbs: Steel cut oats, whole grain rice, whole grain pasta - all very good for your health in moderation. One serving per meal.

Legumes: Beans, lentils, split peas etc. Add one serving of beans to a big lunchtime salad for healthy protein, fiber and antioxidants. For dressing, squeeze some fresh lemon juice on your salad.

Last edited by JohnR41; 04-14-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Reply Reply