It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• How much damage did I do this week?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-18-2017, 06:45 PM   #1
    Dissonx
    (male)

Dissonx HB User
    How much damage did I do this week?

I've been struggling with mental health issues and turned to sweets for comfort. This week I had 3 days where I binged on candy bars. I had 5 candy bars one day, 5 another day, then 8 today.

I almost had a six pack and for some reason decided to sabotage my weight loss efforts.

The weight gain is fixable, but I'm more concerned with what I've done to my heart.

Is it likely that my LDL and triglycerides are much higher now? Have I caused any permanent damage?

Im thinking there must be some consequence to having this ungodly amount of sugar in such a short period of time.

The following user gives a hug of support to Dissonx:
    Vittles (01-25-2018)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2018, 08:04 AM   #2
    Vittles
    (female)

Vittles HB User
    Re: How much damage did I do this week?

our bodies are amazing at cleaning themselves out! You would be surprised at what you can consume by mistake, and the bodies ability to eliminate repair itself to correct your mistakes is mind boggling!

ALL food has sugar in it, even meat. like a car your body burns fuel to run. Sugar when lit on fire burns up really fast, its a big flame, powerful, but it does burn up really fast. Fats are also fuel and burn up real slow. the body burns fat at about 4 grams an and it burns sugar at 9 about grams. meaning if you choose to eat 8 grams of fat, you will have a few hours of energy.. if you choose to eat 8 grams of sugar, you might only have a half hour before it burns up or is stored and you need to eat again.

Have you ever watched how some animals eat nonstop. like a bear, all they do is sit around and eat and eat and eat becuase as soon as they finish eating, their bodies burn up that carbohydrates with in minutes, and they need to continue to eat for more energy. we are always burning calories, you can burn 1 calorie chewing gum, you can burn them sleeping. When eating sugar all the time your body knows: (sugar is my main source of fuel, i need it to live) and so you crave it when you need it. If you have to eat all the time, what does your body do when you sleep? You store fat from sugar so that when you sleep, for up to 8 hours, you dont run out of energy and die, if you run out of energy while sleeping, it will trigger starvation mode when you wake up. you will feel like CRAP, you will feel tired, you might have a headache, will crave sugar HARD!!! If you change to healthy fats (uncooked fats) your body will slowly start to re program itself to understand: (fat is my main source of fuel) and you will crave more fats over sugar. when you sleep, you will not rune out of fuel, you wont store as much becuase your body will know when you go for your 8 hour sleep your not gonna starve to death.

becuase we eat fats, Humans, dont have to eat all the time 24/7 like a bear does, if we eat healthy fats (like meat and eggs and fish) we dont need to eat again for another 4-6 hours, giving you time to go out and visit a friend, or work on a hobby, or reply to health boards before you need to eat again. or.. keep eating sugar for very short bursts of energy, but know as soon as you finish that candy bar, your body might of already burned it and its looking for the next hit of energy.

Last edited by Vittles; 01-25-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Closed Thread