It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

caffeine

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2017, 03:05 PM   #1
dbat
Inactive
(male)

dbat HB User
caffeine

between coffee drinkers and non coffee drinkers, who will not only live longer but have a better overall health in the long run???? would anyone happen to know?? i dont drink coffee and thats why im asking. can anyone or someone please tell me. thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2017, 10:18 PM   #2
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: caffeine

Living longer has nothing to do with drinking coffee or not....healthy has nothing to do with drinking coffee or not.

q

Last edited by quincy; 12-30-2017 at 10:27 PM.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:53 AM   #3
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

The only caution for coffee - or any caffeine drinks - is moderation in order to not impact your heart rate or your stomach acid. Caffeine can raise it. Also, for females with fibroid cysts, it can cause pain in the cysts. Otherwise, caffeine and coffee have nothing to do with life expectancy.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:37 PM   #4
DTr
(male)

DTr HB User

If you drink pure coffee, that is filtered coffee and without any sugar or milk, it is quite healthy for you from what I've read in a few places.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:57 PM   #5
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbat View Post
between coffee drinkers and non coffee drinkers, who will not only live longer but have a better overall health in the long run????
It's difficult to answer that question without knowing your age, health status, and overall diet. Older people are likely to get better results providing they don't have certain ailments like overactive bladder or incontinence among other things. Health status plays a role as far as liver function etc.

Overall diet plays a role, in my opinion. Other than being a stimulant, coffee contains antioxidants and that would be the main attraction as far as health and longevity. So it might only provide a slight benefit for those who eat a poor diet and don't get enough antioxidants. There are so many better ways to go about trying to be healthy. For example, fresh fruit, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds all contain antioxidants. And they all contain fiber and many other nutrients as well.

Last edited by JohnR41; 01-11-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Old 01-20-2018, 01:38 PM   #6
aveas
(male)

aveas HB User

My opinion is if putting caffeine into one's body raises heart rate or stomach acid levels then it impacts one's state of health. And thus, their life expectancy.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-20-2018 at 06:25 PM.

Old 02-24-2018, 12:06 PM   #7
dbat
Inactive
(male)

dbat HB User
caffeine

who would be a much healthier individual throughout their lifetime? people who consume caffeine on a daily basis or people who simply dont consume caffeine at all????????????????? can a doctor or physician guru please do tell. rsvp. thank you.

Old 02-24-2018, 03:00 PM   #8
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

That's an interesting question but it may be unanswerable in the way that you posed it because no one item in your diet can determine your overall lifetime health. It is the totality of your diet that counts. Looking at one item alone is called reductionism. Also, it would be important to know where the caffeine comes from; is it coming from coffee with milk and sugar or plain, is it a diet soda or a sugary soda, is it tea, or something else?

Let's assume the question is based on plain coffee and you want to know which is healthier, drinking coffee or not drinking coffee. Even if the question is asked in this way, it's difficult to give a good answer without knowing your health status, age, amount of coffee consumed per day, and other dietary habits.

As far as what I would do, I wouldn't drink coffee or soda because they are considered to be highly acidic and anything that is acidic is said to be inflammatory. (This covers everything except tomatoes and citrus; both tomatoes and citrus are acidic but because of how they are metabolized they end up having an alkaline effect on the body.)

Last edited by JohnR41; 02-24-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:10 PM   #9
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

You asked this question in the past....and caffeine in moderation will not shorten your lifespan.

q

Last edited by quincy; 02-25-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Old 04-23-2018, 11:50 PM   #10
Lisam\
(female)

Lisam\ HB User

Try to avoid caffeine from the food.

Old 07-26-2018, 06:14 AM   #11
mia1990
Inactive
(female)

mia1990 HB User

Coffee is even healthy if you drink it in moderate amounts. Your health and time of your life health depends mainly on your body and your lifestyle. However, if you are abusing caffeine, it is already an addiction which in the long run does not have a beneficial effect on your health. Too much caffeine can cause you a lot of problems with pressure and heart

Reply Reply