It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• I didnít stop eating crap

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-16-2018, 08:13 PM   #1
    Ted1974
    (male)

Ted1974 HB User
    I didnít stop eating crap

Iíve lost 20lbs over the past 4 weeks. I wanted to be honest with myself and knowing I wouldnít stick to a diet I cut back on the coffee and extreme creamer,stopped snacking and cut back on eating crap until I was over full. Now I drink 20oz (vs half gallon) of coffee a day, I now eat breakfast, but I eat lunch and dinner till Iím no longer hungry, I donít eat until Iím full. On weekend I eat bigger meals because the whole family can be together. AND I seem to lose a more weight then usual when I do it. Is there something to this. Should I schedule bigger meals at certain times? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2018, 12:36 PM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: I didnít stop eating crap

It sounds like you've made some worthwhile improvements. I think you should be able to eat until you feel full if you're eating the right foods. And that means foods that contain fiber like fresh fruit, a wide variety of healthful vegetables and limited amounts of whole grains. I say this because it's the fiber in such foods that sends a signal to one's brain telling us it's time to stop eating. The average person consumes about 10 to 12 grams of fiber per day while we actually need at least 25 grams. A big tall person might do well to shoot for 35 grams of fiber per day.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:29 AM   #3
    ttugamer
    (male)

ttugamer HB User
    Re: I didnít stop eating crap

My opinion is that bigger meals and eating until you are full are fine as long as you are eating the right types of foods. If you eat until you are full and are eating lots of leafy greens and other veggies high in fiber then it shouldn't be a problem

Last edited by Administrator; 03-23-2018 at 10:26 PM.

Reply Reply