It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Struggling

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2018, 03:26 PM   #1
    Will I Be Happy
    Veteran
    (female)

Will I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB User
    Struggling

Hi there! Need advice. Emotional eater. I was 200 as a teen. Dropped to 150 and have gone up and down since. Going to be 40 in March. About 2 years ago I shot back up to 174. Was diagnosed w Thyroid Disease and put on everything lowest dose of Synthroid. Decided it was time for a nutritionist. Got down to 154. Recently been extremely stressed w a mammo scare. It should be ok but I have an MRI Tuesday. Iíve been hanging by a thread. Good one day. Fall off the next. Iíve been at 159 the last few weeks that wonít go away. Any idea on how to re-jump start? How do I get back on track and lower my stress at the same time?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2018, 10:02 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Struggling

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Will I Be Happy View Post
    Decided it was time for a nutritionist.
    Not all nutritionists are the same as far as how they approach healthful eating. Some are into Paleo while others are vegans. What did your nutritionist tell you do do?

Old 02-20-2018, 03:00 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Struggling

Have you increased your exercise? Exercise is a great way to fight off depression or anxiety. When I get anxious I head outside to take a walk or go to the gym and walk on the treadmill.

Recently I started taking TRX classes, which are new to me...they are bands which hang from the ceiling which help you strengthen your muscles safely. You can find classes like this in many places...the reason I mention it is because now that I have something new that I really enjoy doing- it helps me get there without that "I dont want to workout feeling" as well as helping me change my body safely. Finding whatever you really enjoy might help you take your mind off eating and seeing results is a great motivator!

Exercise as well as proper nutrition is the only way to lose weight and keep it off...reducing intake while burning more calories is the answer.

I have been where you are with a mamo scare (in fact I have a MRI on Thursday again). Its terrifying and only a woman can really understand how this affects us..but eating your emotions is no where near as healthy as talking through it and pushing through it with a good meal plan and exercise.

Talk to your nutritionist...go to a gym and talk to a trainer (or find one online)- and look for something that you can really get excited about. Spring is coming...maybe join a walking club which is free and easy to find in your community...but try not to dwell on your "scare". You have nothing to worry about at this time and worrying unnecessarily isnt worth the energy.

Hugs and prayers! Let us know how your test comes out?!

Closed Thread