It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

supplemental fiber making me hungry

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2018, 04:54 PM   #1
bikerj

bikerj HB User
Question supplemental fiber making me hungry

My question re: consumption of supplement fiber (in form of soluble fiber powder) as an appetite suppressant, but following the directions of taking 1 tsp. with at least 8 oz. of water is actually making me hungry after approx. 20 min., which I've read is the amount of time before the stomach believes it's full.

Any ideas of why this doesn't appear to be working as an appetite suppressant? Does it only act that way whenever it's taken during/immediately before meals?

Last edited by Administrator; 07-16-2018 at 09:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2018, 02:53 PM   #2
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: supplemental fiber making me hungry

Context is everything; did you try taking it in place of a meal? Fiber powder is not a meal or a real food. The best way to get soluble fiber is by eating real plant foods because that way you also get important vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phytonutrients at the same time. Plus the fact that all plant foods contain protein.

It's not wise to try to "trick" your body into getting by with less whole food, especially foods that contain fiber.

Last edited by JohnR41; 03-28-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:45 AM   #3
mia1990
Inactive
(female)

mia1990 HB User

consuming additional supplements in the form of powder does not give u a guarantee that they will work as they should. It all depends on your body. The way of nutrition or physical activity. Bet on easy-to-digest shakes with vegetables, friuts and yogurt-based , etc., than on artificial nutrients

Old 07-26-2018, 06:09 AM   #4
mia1990
Inactive
(female)

mia1990 HB User

Supplement fiber is not a product that will stop you from eating and losing weight. This is only an addition to your plan of nutrition. Just create a nutrition plan with the help of a dietitian or the internet, and this will allow you to lose unnecessary kilograms

Reply Reply

Tags
appetite suppressants, fiber