It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

Question - how to stop being skinny?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2018, 09:32 AM   #1
niyi221
(male)

niyi221 HB User
Question - how to stop being skinny?

i have a serious issue here. what food can i eat that will improve my skinny status
thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2018, 08:48 AM   #2
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by niyi221 View Post
i have a serious issue here. what food can i eat that will improve my skinny status
thanks
Are you consuming enough calories to gain weight? Do you know how many calories you are consuming presently? If you do know, you can try increasing the amount and see if that helps. If the increase is a large amount, and you don't gain weight, you might have an absorption issue. In that case, you should tell your doctor and have it checked out. Gastroenterologists are the ones who can check out absorption issues.

It would help to know your age, BMI, and whether or not you have other health issues.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:18 AM   #3
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Question

Niyi221,
Without knowing your age, height and weight, it is hard to figure out if you are truly underweight or just thin.... how many meals do you eat a day and are they balanced meals or do you only pick certain things to eat? Can you tell us what an average day of eating looks like for you?

Foods which are higher in calories are things like pastas, grains, breads, fats- but you do not want to only eat those as this is not a balanced diet. You need to eat vegetables and fruits as well as carbohydrates (pastas and breads) along with fats- (milk, cheese, dairy).

Have you seen a doctor to make sure you dont have any health issues?

Old 08-06-2018, 10:50 PM   #4
Noc52
Inactive
(male)

Noc52 HB User
Re: Question - how to stop being skinny?

If you want to increase your weight then I recommend you do it the healthy way, ex. not going for lots of junk food. I would recommend looking up the recommended amount of calories you should be eating to gain weight for your age and sex. Basically all you need is to eat a lot of calories but don't go for the junk food route or else you'll gain weight and be unhealthy!

Old 08-07-2018, 07:57 AM   #5
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User
Re: Question - how to stop being skinny?

What is your age, niyi?

I had a very high metabolism until my 30's, and could eat anything and as much as I wanted and remained very thin. I also had strong muscles.

Later on my metabolism changed and so I gained weight, but it was not healthy weight like muscle. I gained fat.

If you are eating well and remain thin, be thankful. If you are underweight, maybe you need to work out and/or exercise so you build muscle. What is not good to do is just gain weight. That kind of weight usually is excess body fat.

If you really are too skinny, eat more protein, vegetables and fruit. Make sure you are eating enough for your height and age. Be sure to get a check up and make sure that other than being thin that your body is healthy.

Reply Reply