It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

Are these considered unhealthy?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2018, 10:50 PM   #1
nezkeys79
(male)

nezkeys79 HB User
Are these considered unhealthy?

So im living a fairly hectic lifestyle atm with not much time for cooking so ive been replacing cooking breast fillets / whole chicken with precooked chicken breast strips. Usually these type of things are overloaded with extra ingredients with the first ingredient not even being chicken breast but this one has chicken breast first then only salt afterwards. Ive been eating the whole pack as a snack/meal on the go, sometimes two packs. The overall nutritional values for the whole pack look healthy imo but i thought id just get some more opinions.

100g (whole pack)
Calories 133 kcal (5% RDA)
Fat 1.9g (3% RDA)
Of which saturates 0.6g
Carbohydrates 0.1g (1% RDA)
Of which sugars 0.1g
Fibre 0.1g
Protein 28.9g
Salt 0.75g (13% RDA)

Considering some days i might not eat anything else apart from a tin of tuna or 2 boiled eggs these values dont come anywhere close to the max. Even two whole packs is still only a quarter of the daily salt recommemdation. There does seem to be water added though which im not sure if that affects much

Last edited by Administrator; 05-20-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2018, 03:38 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Are these considered unhealthy?

What you posted is not unhealthy; however if you eat this and tuna and eggs, you are only eating protein and you should not be eating ONLY protein...you need vegetables and fruit in your diet too.
If you are asking if this is healthy for one meal; the answer is yes...

I will make a suggestion to you and I do this. I throw 8 chicken breasts on the grill once a week; I might eat one hot that night, and then I might use one for my husband's lunch the next day- and I might use some of it for stir fry or make enchiladas with some of it one night or chicken salad one day...but the point is in 30 minutes I can come up with at least 5 meals and by buying a package of uncooked chicken breasts at Costco, I can spend only about 1.50 per meal. If you are looking to save time and money, trying buying family packs and cooking it all at once. If you do not have a grill, you can do the same thing by baking them in the oven. Just a suggestion...

Reply Reply