It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

Is this a healthy/balanced diet ... ?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2018, 11:07 PM   #1
nezkeys79
(male)

nezkeys79 HB User
Is this a healthy/balanced diet ... ?

Breakfast
2 large Boiled Eggs (free range) or Quaker Oats (skimmed milk)

Lunch/Dinner:
Tin of tuna + salad

Dinner/Lunch:
Chicken Breast + Green Veg

Snacks: water/tea(skimmed milk)/almonds/cashews/walnuts/blueberries/raspberries/strawberries/grapes/celery.
Minimal Consumption: cottage cheese(zero fat)/dark chocolate(75%-99% cocoa).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2018, 03:40 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Is this a healthy/balanced diet...

Hi, yes! Thats a pretty healthy diet...as long as you are getting enough salad and vegetables along with all that protein, it is healthy. You are not adding any read meat to your diet at all? Thats the only thing I would suggest now and then; read meat helps your red blood cells and your iron count. Other than that, there is nothing wrong with what you listed.

Old 05-21-2018, 06:57 AM   #3
nezkeys79
(male)

nezkeys79 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
Hi, yes! Thats a pretty healthy diet...as long as you are getting enough salad and vegetables along with all that protein, it is healthy. You are not adding any read meat to your diet at all? Thats the only thing I would suggest now and then; read meat helps your red blood cells and your iron count. Other than that, there is nothing wrong with what you listed.
So beef then?

Old 05-21-2018, 07:11 AM   #4
nezkeys79
(male)

nezkeys79 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
Also i have slowly been losing weight from 13 1/2 stone then now mantained at 10 and a half stone to 10 and three quarters stone. Something weird has happened though after the introduction of some of the above foods...my weight is the same but i feel like my body looks fatter...around my stomach and thighs. Most people i know say i look the same tho and that correlates with the fact my weight on the scales is the same but i just feel like something is not right. Before this all i ate was baked beans (1/2 can) + penne pasta for every meal and just snacked on sweets, milk chocolate, and cups of tea/water. Considering many people say pasta is carbs = weight gain its weird how my body seems bulkier now. I still want to get down to 10 stone though (my original goal).

Last edited by nezkeys79; 05-21-2018 at 07:13 AM.

Old 05-23-2018, 09:39 AM   #5
bethanie04
Inactive
(female)

bethanie04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezkeys79 View Post
So beef then?
Not necessary. You need to get plenty of protein from fish, egg whites, chicken, tuna lean ground turkey, buffalo, etc.

Reply Reply