It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

Need Diet Help

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2018, 09:02 AM   #1
FitnessGoals
(male)

FitnessGoals HB User
Need Diet Help

Hello, I am seeking advice and need help from the community.
My goal is to distill breakfast, lunch and dinner into the healthiest combination of fuel and nutrition possible. The problem is I donít know where to start. I need help breaking down what I put into my body into lots of steps to seem less daunting.

Iím 28 and about 20 Ė 30 pounds overweight but I also work two jobs. I need fuel that will give me strength and endurance so I can both outlast and outwork my co-workers. I plan to start going to the gym but I want change my diet first. I value nutrition over taste and Iíve even considered a liquid diet. I want to eat healthy without breaking the bank.

I have no illusions this transition will be difficult. At first, Iím going to hate it but I want to become fit and healthy within a three-month period.

What will it take to achieve this? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2018, 02:03 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Need Diet Help

The best advice I can offer is go see a nutritionist. Most family doctors know one they can refer you to. Taking advice from "the community" may not be in your best interest because we do not know A. if you have any health issues, B. if you have any deficiencies in your blood work or diet and most importantly C. your height, weight or BMI.

A doctor or a nutritionist is your very best bet. They can customize a diet which works for you.

What works for me probably will not work for you...what works for your neighbor probably will not work for you and what people tell you who do not know you could do more damage than good. Get advice from a professional and in the meantime, start keeping a food journal of everything you eat and drink...this will help you when you talk to someone about what you are eating.. and remember to lose weight you need to take in less than you burn. More exercise, less calories. That one works for everyone!

Old 05-30-2018, 09:43 AM   #3
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User

What do you mean by 'distill'?

You just need to learn what is nutritious and what is not, then daily eat a variety from each food group.

A liquid diet is not nutritious. Your body requires a variety of fiber, and yes you need to chew your food, if you have teeth and can. Cutting with a blender does not release nutrition from food the same as grinding with teeth.

It's not rocket science.

Old 06-05-2018, 03:35 PM   #4
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitnessGoals View Post
My goal is to distill breakfast, lunch and dinner into the healthiest combination of fuel and nutrition possible. The problem is I don’t know where to start.
I can get you off to a good start with one piece of advice: Avoid processed foods in favor of natural whole foods.

Last edited by JohnR41; 06-05-2018 at 03:36 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnR41 For This Useful Post:
YaYagirl (06-06-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 10:41 AM   #5
mia1990
Inactive
(female)

mia1990 HB User

At the beginning drink a lot of water. Water cleans the body. Start the day with a glass of warm water and lemon - this turns up the metabolism. For breakfast - don't eat SWEET - better if you will be eating protein and some carbohydrates. for example: scrambled eggs with bacon. In the meantime (as a snack), drink a shake : banana and yogurt. For dinner, for example, I recommend a piece of chicken breast, half a bag of rice and a salad and for last meal something light example 2 slices of wholemeal bread with tomato basil and mozzarella. If you do not have time for meals - eat a protein - for me it was a best solution. I lost 6 kg in 5 weeks

Reply Reply