It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

Any health benefits with clear apple cider vinegar?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2018, 07:51 AM   #1
zak87
(male)

zak87 HB User
Any health benefits with clear apple cider vinegar?

is there any probiotics, pre-biotics, or other health benefits with consuming 2 teaspoons of 5% acidity clear apple cider vinegar. I've read that the real health benefits are the Cloudy ones that have more of the 'mother' stuff in it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2018, 01:17 PM   #2
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Any health benefits with clear apple cider vinegar?

I gather you are looking to improve your digestive track. You want to establish a healthy community of micro-flora in your gut (i.e., more friendly microbes).

Personally, I don't see how any kind of vinegar will do that. Vinegar is highly acidic. Some years ago I used vinegar to kill weeds in my yard. I would put vinegar in a small spray bottle and squirt it on the weeds. The next day the weeds were dead. That being the case, I wonder how it will promote live organisms in your digestive track.

There is such a thing as having proper ph balance in your body. You don't want your body to be either too acidic or too alkaline. You might think about looking into it if you're interested.

Everything depends on how certain foods are metabolized. Foods that are alkaline outside the body may become acidic when metabolized. Conversely, some foods that contain acid, like tomatoes and citrus, will have an alkaline effect when metabolized.

Vinegar is one item that is acidic and has an acidic effect on the body.

Last edited by JohnR41; 06-22-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:23 AM   #3
ram75
(male)

ram75 HB User

There are many health benefits of apple cider vinegar. Like it can control blood sugar level and can fight with diabetes.It is very useful to reduce belly fat and weight loss.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:58 AM   #4
denise1952
(female)

denise1952 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak87 View Post
is there any probiotics, pre-biotics, or other health benefits with consuming 2 teaspoons of 5% acidity clear apple cider vinegar. I've read that the real health benefits are the Cloudy ones that have more of the 'mother' stuff in it.
My sister is not a health nut in any way, and doesn't even take any medication at 76 but her osteoarthritis was making her life so terrible with constant pain. I had mention ACV many times for other benefits and about a week ago she said she bought some of the "mother's" which is all I recommend. She had been using clear, cheaper stuff she got somewhere. She was ecstatic when she got ahold of me because she said she was doing 1 tbsp every morning in water and her pain was relieved completely.

I have talked to her about that lately, so I don't know if it lasted but she said that "not to feel that pain was so wonderful".

I don't care for anything processed and I try to get a pure of foods as I can. The ACV that is raw, unfiltered and mother's I believe is better for me. I find buys on it at my local market, like 1.99 (Manzana brand??)for a bottle of it (1 quart) but Braggs is usually available, and I am lucky I can afford that. It is higher, I think just under 4 or 5 dollars.

Reply Reply