It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

sickly feeling in the morning - Reasons.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2018, 06:12 PM   #1
dominover
(male)

dominover HB User
sickly feeling in the morning - Reasons.

When the light hits my face in the mornings I start to feel unwell. Really sickly and I can't sleep at all from that point onwards. It's weird. Been going on for the last 20 years consistently and at least for the last 30 years overall. I'm 46, male.

I've tried cutting my meals early and eating only small meals later in the day but this didn't do much to help.

I then recently discovered that I can completely get rid of this problem if I eat some protein (say some eggs or tuna) before I go to bed. It's amazing. I've struggled with this problem for so long now.

I'm not sure why this is. It could be because I just dont' handle starch very well and anything high in carbs will upset my blood sugar too much. I've always eaten health food and rarely anything processed. I don't drink or smoke. I also gain weight easily and it's near impossible to lose.

I think it could have been a blood sugar issue I've inherited. If my cortisol is all over the place when I sleep, when I wake up and the light hits my face more cortisol is released to wake me up from my unrested state. The sickly feeling probably comes from this extra cortisol release. What does everybody think? Did the protein balance my blood sugar before bed which is why I'm not able to get rid of this problem, or could it be a deficiency?

Any comments welcome.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2018, 09:01 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: sickly feeling in the morning - Reasons.

Have you discussed this with your GP? You might want to consider doing some blood work - your GP will probably have you fast and do it first thing in the morning and then repeat it midday, after you have eaten. Have you ever had your sugar levels tested?

It is not likely to be the protein that you are eating at night, but rather a deficiency overall in the way you are absorbing nutrients; this could be a GI issue. You may want to consult with a GI doctor as well.

Good luck!

Old 10-21-2018, 01:14 AM   #3
dominover
(male)

dominover HB User

I"m afraid GP's are off my list forever unless I have a serious medical condition.
I've paid too many and the majority try to steer me off and tell me it's in my mind. I recently paid one an exorbitant amount of money and he's really put me off forever. Yes, I've had the blood work done and you wont find anything wrong with me that way (we never have despite dozens of pathology tests). I've had more success on the internet with health matters.

Sorry to sound rash, but the topic of GP's and nutritional matters just don't seem to be connected in Australia. That's why I've come to a message board to hopefully find someone who may have had a similar issue. The fact that eating protein before bed has helped me tremendously tells me that thsi is probably a blood sugar issue (despite the fact that my tests tell me that I'm totally fine).

I just hoped somebody would recognize this so I can put a name to the issue. Maybe it's what I've described, maybe it's not.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:22 AM   #4
denise1952
(female)

denise1952 HB User

My very thought, I had mine done recently and from there I was able to see where some of my deficiencies were.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:46 AM   #5
denise1952
(female)

denise1952 HB User

I like many others, do understand about conventional medicine being "sometimes" inadequate. I am also venturing out on my own as I have many issues, maybe small, but they are interfering with my quality of life. I believe strongly in supplementing my meals because I've studied enough to believe that we can't get it all through our foods anymore.

It is hard to work on these types of medicine because of the costs, length of time for things to start working. But it is so worth it for me. I find my supplements online, or have found some good ones shopping at a place we have called Grocery Outlet, and started out taking like 8 I think it was. Then little by little, I eliminated the ones that were ineffective, or causing some issues for me. I now take half that many, and continue to learn new recipes that eliminate things like MSG etc.

I take these right now: magnesium glyconate, magnesium l-threonate, B50 Complex, Vit. C, D3. I also take Apple Cider Vinegar (1 tbsp in water) every a.m., Coconut oil, and blackstrap molasses daily. Not too much of anything, little to start out for me. Been on this steady regime since the 8th of Oct.

I'm far from "well" but I have a lot of hope, and faith in what I can find for myself. Especially with the help of others of my kind The words "I'm not a doctor, but" mean more to me now than before. Because I find many people that actually work hard at researching, and trying these methods (natural let's say) to heal themselves. I am sad to say, I was sent out with yet another prescription that made me feel worse than the ailment.

I'm not saying there is not a place for conventional medicine, I will say that it is my responsibility to participate in my own healthy, well-being. Hang in there, I am glad to see your post and I will share whatever I can to help others, but not by any other means than telling them what works for me personally.

Reply Reply