It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Am I doing something wrong?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-25-2020, 04:42 AM   #1
    georgeguenther
    (male)

georgeguenther HB User
    Am I doing something wrong?

3rd week on diet. Lost 7 pounds in week one. Week 2 lost 2. This week up 3. This week I've been just under 20g carbs a day. Just under 140g protein and under 2000 calories. Walking 30 min a day. I'm 6ft 1in and 250lbs. Been testing using strips for ketones. Showing none. Do I need to be doing something else?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2020, 08:22 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Am I doing something wrong?

Why did you decide to go on a ketogenic diet?

The Keto diet is generally high protein, high fat, low carb, and low in fiber.

And it has it's dangers: It can put stress on your kidneys and/or give you kidney stones, high cholesterol and heart problems.

It's an unbalanced diet.

You must have some idea what caused you to gain excess weight in the first place. So all you need to do is cut out all of those foods that you know were not right for you. And usually they are highly processed foods, often referred to as manufactured foods. Foods like baked goods or fried foods.

So you can turn that around by concentrating on natural whole foods like fresh fruit and fresh vegetables, some whole grains, legumes and nuts etc..
    Olive oil and lemon juice as dressing on salads or cooked vegetables.

There are no easy short cuts to losing weight. It requires lots of patience and discipline.

Reply Reply