It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Chia Seeds

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-27-2020, 07:43 AM   #1
    musiclvr56
    (female)

musiclvr56 HB User
    Chia Seeds

On Bob's Red Mill website I asked the following: "On your website you write: "Itís very simple to make a chia seed drink! The best way is to add 3 tablespoons of chia seeds to a cup of water. Stir the water until itís completely mixed in. Put it in the fridge and the next morning the chia seeds will grow in size become a gel-like texture thatís easy to drink!

I want to drink water with chia seeds. Is there a reason why I want the seeds to grow in size? Unless there is a nutrition reason, is there any reason that I need to soak it in the water I will be drinking and if so, is it necessary to refrigerate it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2020, 08:05 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Chia Seeds

They claim the purpose is to make it easier to drink. You could try it both ways and see which way you like best.

You might also try letting the seeds sprout because sprouts are supposed to be healthier. It has to do with enzymes that make the nutrients more available and more digestible.

The purpose of refrigeration might be to limit the growth of bacteria, in case there is any bacteria in the water or on the seeds. A teaspoon of vinegar might help with that, if you don't mind the vinegar.

Reply Reply