It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Cacao Nibs

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-04-2021, 05:44 PM   #1
    Gold Coin
    (male)

Gold Coin HB User
    Cacao Nibs

Cacao nibs are the raw form of chocolate and are very reminiscent of nuts as they are crunchy and grind into a paste in your mouth. Bitter and flavorful I don't mind eating them without sweetener as my dieting has trained me to accept less of a sweetened menu than I was previously accustomed with.

Cacao and chocolate have many beneficial health advantages in your diet although they can become addictive to the consumer as they contain a medicinal element with an affect not much different from an opiod as I recently discovered on my own. Consuming large amounts of raw unprocessed cacao will give you a blissful pleasure much like vicodin or codeine. This explains why the consumer finds chocolate candies so addictive as they are eating a mild drug.

The objective here with this thread is to learn the detailed explanation of how and why raw cacao nibs have a similar opiod-like effect to vicodin or codeine. There doesn't appear much lab research done on this subject so perhaps I am not searching the right places.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2021, 01:15 PM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Cacao Nibs

I tried Cacao nibs once but didn't like it. Too hard.

Then I tried organic Baker's Chocolate: It's 100% cacao, unsweetened. I know it's healthy but I never eat a lot of it. It looks like a regular chocolate bar but sectioned into squares.
    I use just a little melted in steel cut oats.

Reply Reply