It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• restrictive food intake

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-04-2021, 09:06 AM   #1
    emily1890
    (female)

emily1890 HB User
    restrictive food intake

anyone else restricted in what they eat, and if so.. what ways have you found to introduce new foods to your diet?

I eat like a child. I'd rather eat a plate of fish sticks and fries covered in ketchup, than say something freshly cooked or healthy for me (I won't touch veg, fruit I'll have sometimes)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2021, 12:02 PM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: restrictive food intake

You really should make an effort to eat some healthy whole foods, otherwise you might end up overweight, if you aren't already. And, in addition to that, there are all kinds of diseases/illnesses that you likely will have to deal with as you get older.

Old 06-10-2022, 04:47 PM   #3
    HairyPoppins
    (female)

HairyPoppins HB User
    Re: restrictive food intake

Quote:
    Originally Posted by emily1890 View Post
    anyone else restricted in what they eat, and if so.. what ways have you found to introduce new foods to your diet?

I eat like a child. I'd rather eat a plate of fish sticks and fries covered in ketchup, than say something freshly cooked or healthy for me (I won't touch veg, fruit I'll have sometimes)
    Hello Emily

I have several health issues, which require me to be restrictive about what I eat

I am extremely sensitive to gluten, have an allergy to red meat, and I am lactose intolerant

However, I love food and make sure the food I can eat, is super delicious and nutrient rich

I eat LOTS of fruit, vegetables (both cooked and raw), salads, chicken, fresh fish, baked chips, curry, stew, burgers, smoothies, juices, etc.... I make everything myself at home from scratch.

Last time I had junk takeaway was 1999, last time I had a coke cola was 2007, last time I had a fish finger was 1982.

Why do you eat that way? Do you know? If you do an analyses and work out why, you can usually turn things around for the better.

Having said all that, I have watched a few documentaries about restrictive eaters. One person ate nothing but chicken nuggets for 15 years and made herself extremely ill. And another lived on chips with ketchup and was also unwell due to nutritional deficiencies. Anyway in all cases, they were scared of certain foods or gagged when they tried something different. They were all cured by the experts on the show.

And if you are eating that way for weight loss, then I urge you to get some sort of professional counseling, as it is very concerning.

In regards to introducing new foods, just go out and buy a fruit you have never had before and try it. Dragonfruits are unusual and taste quite nice. Somethings you will like and somethings you will hate, but it is just about experimenting and expanding your palate.

You could join a community college or local group and do one of their food tours. Lots of places do introduction to Asian foods or Mexican foods or French foods, you get to learn about them whilst sampling them.

I am planning on a truffle and wine pairing tour this year

Reply Reply