It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• A Guide to Healthy Eating

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-09-2022, 07:12 PM   #16
    aveas
    (male)

aveas HB User
    Re: A Guide to Healthy Eating

I could try removing the conventional hygiene products from my daily lifestyle. The only reason I started using toothpaste again was because my dental health was being compromised. I suppose I could do a "trial" and see if my mental health issues improve.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2022, 07:28 PM   #17
    WomanOnTheWeb
    (female)

WomanOnTheWeb HB User

Do you eat a lot of sugar? And do you floss as well? I find that flossing and then either scratching my teeth with my nails or rubbing a cloth over them really helps to get a super deep clean if I feel like I didn't get it as clean as I would like.

I really recommend it because it only took me 4 days (though it could take longer or be different for you, that was just my experience) after total removal of chemicals to see the most drastic improvement imaginable, much faster and better than even the best medications on the market could do.

Old 09-09-2022, 08:38 PM   #18
    aveas
    (male)

aveas HB User

Most recently, I have been cutting down on the sugar. I have been flossing twice a day every day. But I will try removing all conventional hygiene products from my daily lifestyle, and I will see if my mental health improves. I will give myself two weeks of living this way. If I do not feel better mentally, I will go back to the way my daily lifestyle was. I have a feeling I will feel better. Like I said, the only reason I started using toothpaste again was because my dental health was being compromised. But I will also try to eat healthier because I know eating healthier can also improve dental health.

Old 09-09-2022, 09:07 PM   #19
    WomanOnTheWeb
    (female)

WomanOnTheWeb HB User

I really hope it'll work for you! Please let me know if you find it helps (or if it does nothing, I would also like to know). I love to hear about how it affects people other than people related to me, since I know genetics can play a role in which things affect what.

There is a misconception that toothpaste actually benefits oral health, other than like bleaching teeth, the fluoride in it has actually been proven to increase cavity in that amount (and the fluoride they add to the water in a lot of places) and that we can get all the fluoride we need from the foods we eat. Toothpastes also have sugar, which feed the bacteria in our mouths that cause cavities in the first place. We haven't been using toothpaste for hundreds of thousands of years and we had been doing perfect until they started refining sugar cane like 400(?) years ago. Personally I prefer not using toothpaste, it doesn't give you the illusion of being clean with fresh breath if you haven't cleaned your teeth properly like what often happens with toothpaste, so I would never even imagine of going back to using it.

Old 09-09-2022, 09:50 PM   #20
    aveas
    (male)

aveas HB User

I hope so, too. When I think about it, using toothpaste does not address the cause of poor dental health. And the cause of poor dental health is a poor diet.

Old 09-12-2022, 11:02 PM   #21
    aveas
    (male)

aveas HB User

Sorry for the late response. I had actually started to not use conventional hygiene products, but then something dawned on me: how was I going to maintain good hygiene? So I went back on the products. And I recall natural hygiene products being more expensive. And frankly, I don't really care anyway.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:55 AM   #22
    Ssandraa
    (female)

Ssandraa HB User

it is really useful information thanks!

Reply Reply