It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Blood Blisters And Nutrition

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-10-2004, 02:14 PM   #1
    Kari7171
    (female)

Kari7171 HB User
    Blood Blisters And Nutrition

If someone is lacking in certain nutrients is it possible to develop a problem with getting blood blisters because the vessels are weak. I have been getting a blood blister in my mouth in the same spot about every two weeks. It will just show up all of the sudden and be really big and then go away by the evening. I am not biting my cheek at all it just forms on it's own without any abrasion of any kind which seems wierd. I do notice that it always happens right after I eat something. I thought I was having a sensitivity to certain foods but I can eat something one day and then eat the same thing the next day and i'll get one even though I ate the same thing the day before and had no problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2004, 02:50 PM   #2
    angel333

angel333 HB User
    Re: Blood Blisters And Nutrition

There are a number of things that could weaken the blood vessels, such as caffeine, aspirin and sugar. There is a product called bioflavonoids that are usually available at health stores. These may help to strengthen the lining of the blood vessels, which may help your problem...as well as bruising easily, red eyes, or bleeding gums.

Old 06-14-2004, 03:02 PM   #3
    Kari7171
    (female)

Kari7171 HB User

Doesn't green tea have bioflavinoids in it also? I have also heard the Vitamin C strengthens your blood vessels. I take it on and off. I haven't been taking the vitamin C as much lately because it seems to interfere with my birth control pill. If I take it too close to the time of taking Vitamin C then I start spotting. My mom was mentioning that she thinks that I might be getting blood clots from taking the birth control pill. All of these things are a possibility. It's hard to know.

Old 06-14-2004, 03:30 PM   #4
    angel333

angel333 HB User

Bioflavonoids are not quite the same as vit.C., they are actually known as vit. P. They are not produced by the body naturally and must be supplied in the foods we eat. They work best taken with vit.c. Yes, green tea does have them. You can also get them in green peppers, peppers, apricots, cherries, and the rinds of citrus fruits. The greent tea can help to reduce clotting in the blood, improve circulation, lower cholesterol, boost the immune system, etc. You can take the bioflavonoids at a different time of the day than the bc pill.

Closed Thread