It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Fruit Cup for Breakfest Beneficial?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-14-2004, 04:37 PM   #1
    Nikos

Nikos HB User
    Fruit Cup for Breakfest Beneficial?

HEALTH BENEFITS vs. STOMACH DIGESTION ISSUES:

Lately I have tried a small fruit cup for breakfast at work (with grapes, pineapple, apple, strawberry, and antelopes?) This helps get my sugar up a bit and obviously isn’t filled with fat or greasy stuff (that I would normally eat at work for breakfast, weeks ago eg. Sausage egg and cheese on an English muffin). However my stomach seems to bother me a bit more when I eat fruit. Maybe its my reaction to sugar – but if I have to use the restroom more often eating a more ‘healthy’ food, does that mean I am even getting the benefits of that food? Could it be hurting me, more than helping me in the long and short run? How does effects off the stomach when eating something vs. its intrinsic healthy benefits relate? In other words, if I have a fast metabolism does it matter if I eat a breakfast) that might be more unhealthy as long as it digests better, and doesn’t bother my stomach as much as a more healthier food?

Any help or insight on this would be great, thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2004, 09:50 PM   #2
    modert
    Inactive
    (female)

modert HB User
    Re: Fruit Cup for Breakfest Beneficial?

Nikos, if you are eating antelopes for bfast that is surely causing your digestive problems... I think you meant cantelopes! Sorry, just giving you a hard time!

When you transition to eating a healthier diet lots of things will happen inside your body. You definately will go through an adjustment period. If you are adding more fiber to your diet you will likely need to use the bathroom a bit more. Stomach problems can occur as you wean yourself off of high fat or high processed carbs. Or you may just have a sensitivity to one of the fruits in the fruit cup.

Its possible that the fruit cup you are eating has too much sugar for you - is it packed in heavy syrup? Its best to eat fruit that is all natural (in its own juices) or whole fruit. Also, you may respond differently to different tyrpes of fruit. Think about trying a whole apple or whole orange or banana and see if it makes a difference. You may need to play around with different menus to come up with the best meal for your body.

You mentioned your previous breakfast used to be english muffin, eggs, and sausage. You know that is NOT terrible - I would recommend that you skip the sausage and instead have english muffin, eggs, and fruit. That will help keep the fat down, you will still get adequate protein and fiber.

Closed Thread