It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• anyone taking Cortislim?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-01-2004, 02:19 PM   #1
    Ginger9708
    Veteran
    (female)

Ginger9708 HB User
    anyone taking Cortislim?

I was wondering if this diet aide really works. I am beginning to think I have a high coritsol problem which this is supposed to lower and help lose weight. Any stories would be appreciated.
    Lin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2004, 08:59 AM   #2
    theREDshoes

theREDshoes HB User
    Re: anyone taking Cortislim?

I haven't used cortislim but I have used another product that did help with cortisol levels.

I use Relora which contains two herbs used for centuries in Chinese Medicine, phellodendron bark and magnolia bark. I didn't actually think before using Relora that I was an emotional eater, but after I started taking it I realized that I do turn to comfort food when I get upset. I, like a lot people, also like sugar when I am stressed. Relora was developed by a pharmaceutical company that is getting a patent on the specific formula of herbs it contains. A similiar product is Relacore, which also contains some added vitamins so it can't be sued for patent infringement.

After using Relora I found I didn't feel the need for something sweet after lunch. I would always have a little piece of chocolate after lunch. I never really have sugar cravings at 3pm now either. I would also look for sweets when I was bored at work, which is no longer a problem now.

I also found that Relora helped me fall asleep faster each night. I always had trouble falling off to sleep. It is also sold as a sleep aid because it does help lower cortisol levels. I've read that it can help with with anxiety, but I don't have any problem with that.

I would not even try the Cortislim because it contains chromium. I have tried chromium and found it only makes my blood sugar even lower than normal. I guess I don't need chromium. I also tried corosolic acid which is in Cortislim. Corosolic acid seemed to make me feel ill. I guess my point is that Cortislim contains a number of, if not all, products associated with controlling blood sugar; I don't know if anyone actually needs all of the those products in one supplement. Cortislim just seems to have too many ingredients to be useful to me. It does, however, also contain magnolia bark like Relora.

Do I think it is worth the price of about $49 (retail)? No, there is nothing in it that is expensive enough to justify that price tag. I honestly don't understand why someone would pay that much for that combination of ingredients.

Old 07-02-2004, 10:51 AM   #3
    Ginger9708
    Veteran
    (female)

Ginger9708 HB User

Thanks for your reply. I will keep this in mind.

Lin

Old 07-17-2004, 12:56 PM   #4
    KIDINSANITY
    (female)

KIDINSANITY HB User
    Post Re: anyone taking Cortislim?

I was doing some research on Corti-Slim for the same reasons as mentioned above, and found out somethign interesting. I came accross a product review on the top ten cortisol reducing supplements on the market. It was done by a consumer health digest website. It definitely warrante me doing more research before committing to a product. FWIW, here are the results I found.
    1. Cortiburn
    2. Cortizide
    3. Cortidrene
    4. Relacore
    5. Cortislim
    6. Cortiless
    7. Coirtiloss
    8. Cortigen
    9. Cortipro
    10. Cortifast

I was reallly surprised at the results, as I was trying to look for some more info on Cortislim so that I could buy some. I hope I haven't added to anyone's confusion about this. Hopefully this has helped at least some of you.

Sue

Old 07-19-2004, 06:04 AM   #5
    Jensmom
    (female)

Jensmom HB User

Sue:

Is the list you posted in the order the digest felt they were most effective or the order of popularity? Just curious!

Thanks
    Sarah

Old 07-19-2004, 08:31 AM   #6
    KIDINSANITY
    (female)

KIDINSANITY HB User

Yes, the list was done in order of effectiveness. I was really surprised that the cortislim was #5, as opposed to Cortiburn being #1. I've never even heard of Cortiburn!

Old 07-19-2004, 08:57 AM   #7
    Ginger9708
    Veteran
    (female)

Ginger9708 HB User

Im sure they all work pretty much in a similar way, give or take a few different ingredients. I guess the main thing is it is on the top 10 list.

Lin

Old 07-19-2004, 03:20 PM   #8
    SunflowerSeeds

SunflowerSeeds HB User
    Lightbulb Re: anyone taking Cortislim?

Hi Lin,
    I have been taking Cortislim for a couple of days now, and as of this moment, I'd say "it works". I definitely have a decreased appetite and feel I can eat less without feeling sad about it. I don't tend to eat bad things (snacking, etc.); my problem is eating until gorged at meals. Though I feel full, I keep eating because it's there, and because it tastes good. In the past several days I've stopped at the first serving of food on my plate, and had better control at ordering at restaurants.

Of course, when something works it makes me wonder what the heck is IN what I'm taking. (I have a bad habit of doing my DEEP investigations only after beginning product use!) I did the same with Metabolife. I took it, found "it worked", read up on it and decided being thin wasn't worth risking being dead. In fact, I'd say that taking Cortislim feels very much like taking Metabolife.

I learned the "key" in the product is likely the Bitter Orange Peel Extract. It's a compound much like Ma Huang (ephedra), though the claims are that it's "safer". I can't disagree at this point, because I haven't found anything yet that talks about the dangers of it or the risks. It does elevate blood pressure and do all the things ephedra does, based on what I've read.

The product also has Green Tea Leaf extract (caffeine) ... so the fact I've drunk a pot of coffee already today on top of the supplement has made me kind of jittery.

I also have noted a headache in my forehead about 20 minutes after taking the dose (1 pill). Today it hasn't seemed to go away - likely because of how much coffee I drank. Note, the makers do recommend NOT using caffeine while taking their pills. They say it's to keep cortisol levels low, but I think it's because too much caffeine may be dangerous.

I think it's just a matter of time before more people start using the stuff before we see reports similar to what we saw with ephedra, and the new warnings will be "watch our for products with bitter orange peel extract!". In fact, I'd bet that you could look on the ingredients of all those drugs that claim "No ephedra!" and find bitter orange peel extract.

I'm no pro ... just sharing what I've found.

Good luck! Hope we don't die from this stuff!

-Renee

Old 07-19-2004, 05:10 PM   #9
    Jensmom
    (female)

Jensmom HB User

Renee:

I can't believe how much you sound like me. I started taking Cortislim today and also had a slight headache for a bit - I was actually sure that I was having some "terrible adverse reaction" to it...didn't happen!!

I also eat the way you do - because it's there and it tastes so good! I have about 40 pounds to lose, and although I am not in a hurry I would like to do it as effeciently as possible.

Thanks for the input everyone!!
    Sarah

Old 07-20-2004, 11:34 AM   #10
    SunflowerSeeds

SunflowerSeeds HB User

Hi Sarah!
    Would you mind checking in here, from time to time, and letting me know how Cortislim is working for you? I'll do the same. It's just kind of nice to have someone else say "that's happening to me, too" when things like headaches crop up.

I have to admit, my head still feels a little weird today, and I haven't taken a dose yet. I was pretty wired through last night, which concerned me being I can usually get away with a lot of coffee during the day. At about 1 am someone called several times trying to send a fax to my phone. I got too awake, and ended up taking 1/3 of a Tylenol PM to fall asleep. This morning my head still feels weird ... probably from the Tylenol PM. Part of me is wondering if the Cortislim is finally building up enough in my system that I'm going to have trouble sleeping at night.

I'll be cutting back on the coffee today, needless to say! And will be taking my 1st Cortislim dose soon, with lunch.

So how do you feel so far? Has the product changed your appetite, energy, etc? Interested to hear how you're doing! (and anyone else who wants to chime in, of course!)

-Renee

Old 07-20-2004, 01:50 PM   #11
    Ginger9708
    Veteran
    (female)

Ginger9708 HB User

Hi,
    I havent really had a headache. The first time I took it I felt very air headed for a few hours but that was about it. I havent had any problems such as falling asleep or being jittery, just have more energy.

How many capsules do you guys take? Sometimes I will take 2 or 3 times a day, but wonder if thats enough.
    Lin

Old 07-20-2004, 01:55 PM   #12
    SunflowerSeeds

SunflowerSeeds HB User

Hi Lin-
    Right now I'm only taking one at breakfast and one at lunch, just like they recommend. I, too, feel a little light headed sometimes. I find the weirdness in my head is most noticable to me when I'm not doing anything. I think I start to focus on it, and it probably makes me think it's a bigger deal than it is. As long as I stay busy, I'm good, though I do sometimes notice the airy feeling.

How long have you been using it? How have your results been?

I have only been on a few days now. Haven't lost weight (mostly because I'm a sunflowerseed adict, and the salt bloats me up for a few days), but I expect that once this water weight goes away, I'll have dropped a few pounds. I hope! I have about 30-35 to lose.

-Renee

Old 07-20-2004, 02:10 PM   #13
    Ginger9708
    Veteran
    (female)

Ginger9708 HB User

Hi Renee,
    I dont bother with scales at all. I am going by how my body looks. I do look slimmer, but have also been walking or doing some sort of exercise 5 days a week. I did read that it says to give it 3 weeks to see results and that you may not lose pounds, but inches at first which I dont completely understand. On Friday it will be 3 weeks that I have been taking it. I think it may take a few days for you to get used to it. I have about 20-30 to lose also. I have to lose pregnancy weight from my 3rd child and its going to be difficult. I have developed fat at the lower part of my belly which Im afraid is not going to go away totally. I think this last pregnancy really stretched me out. I was just so desperate that I decided to try Cortislim because it is supposed to aim belly fat.

Maybe you are taking too much caffeine during the day or not eating enough. I usually have a cup of coffee in the morning and than 2 glasses of soda between lunch & dinner. I find I get wired if I go to bed extremely hungry or I overdo it with exercise. Instead of eating cheese crackers & soda when I wake in the middle of the night or cant sleep, I have been eating an apple. Believe it or not it does help me go to sleep. Sometimes I will take one with dinner if I've been eating alot during the day and find this will help me sleep easier.
    Do you do any exercise or have a new eating plan while taking Corislim?
    Keep me posted also during the week with how you are doing with it.

Old 11-15-2004, 01:02 AM   #14
    INeedToSmile

INeedToSmile HB User

You have to wonder about a product that is advertised on the radio by a doctor that eventually revealed that he was not a medical doctor, then by a radio host that has fake guests (it's really just him changing his voice), and now his wife where at first she didn't reveal her identity. I know how this marketing scheme works and for any company to stoop so low to promote their product makes me wonder about the product itself. Also, search Cortislim on the Better Business Bureau website, bbb.org, there's some very revealing info there.

Old 11-15-2004, 05:12 AM   #15
    KIDINSANITY
    (female)

KIDINSANITY HB User

Thanks for the info. Although I have done research and spoken with my Dr. about the effects of long term high cortisol levels, and they do cause weight gain, I'd have to agree that such a product can be put among the list of "too good to be true." Of course, I realized this after I broke down and bought a bottle. Luckily, I didn't pay full price.

Something someone said to me kind of makes sense too, in a warped kind of way.....If it REALLY was that type of medical miracle, don't you think the Government would have found a way to get their hands on it and tripled the price for their profit??

If anyone out there is taking it and having good results with it, then that's great. I may even try the bottle I have in the not too distant future. I've spent $35 on worse things.

My dr. said that the next time I see him, we can test for high cortisol levels and take it from there.

Thanks, Sue

Closed Thread