It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Aspartame Caffeine Withdrawal - moved to Diet and Nutrition

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-15-2004, 05:08 AM   #16
    zip2play
    Inactive

zip2play HB User
    Re: Aspartame Caffeine Withdrawal - moved to Diet and Nutrition

Anyone who has found problems with aspartame, who still wants a non-caloric sweetner should try Splenda (sucralose)...it's available readily now and is an entirely different formulation. Those who "react" to both STILL have the option of ordering cylamates (either sodium or calcium) from Canada. There's it's the brands Sucaryl or Sugar Twin (not the same as the U.S. Sugar Twin- that's aspartame.)

Failing all three, one can even go back to the ancient and foul tasting saccharine. That's been the mainstay of diabetics since the 40's!

Remember, people got headaches long before artificial sweetners were invented and will get them long after they've stopped using them. That's why the world uses scientific studies rather than internet anecdotes to detect cause and effect.

Last edited by zip2play; 07-15-2004 at 05:10 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2004, 02:50 PM   #17
    lady_grey

lady_grey HB User

Great point about headaches having been around for a long time. I think that a lot of people get headaches from aspartame because they drink a soda and then run around around all morning not eating a meal. I wonder if the headache is from the aspartame or from the lack of food.

Aren't all artifical colors put in food toxins as well? Seems like a big deal about nothing considering I have been eating those things all of my life.

Old 07-22-2004, 12:13 PM   #18
    modert
    Inactive
    (female)

modert HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lady_grey
    Aren't all artifical colors put in food toxins as well? Seems like a big deal about nothing considering I have been eating those things all of my life.
    Yes, all chemical additives and preservatives are toxic substances, even food colorings. Some toxic substances are tolerable in small quantities and others are not. There are so many factors that determine a person's tolerance to toxic substances. The scary thing is that many of these things have not been around long enough to know the long term effects. Aspartame IS a big deal for many people - if it doesn't currently cause you any symptoms, and you are not bothered knowing its potential harm to your body, then feel free to have all you want! But don't assume that all toxic substances are the same... a glass of wine is toxic, as is arsenic - I would consider having an occassional glass of wine, but I will pass on the arsenic

Closed Thread