HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Diet & Nutrition (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/diet-nutrition/)
-   -   Trying to eat less but, getting major headaches (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/diet-nutrition/214234-trying-eat-less-but-getting-major-headaches.html)

Losec20mg 10-06-2004 04:40 PM

Trying to eat less but, getting major headaches

wow..i never experienced this before but, lately iv been trying to eat less and, iv noticed getting headaches from this...> could it be my body wants more food..i dunno. This happens when i get hungry but, i control myself..im still putting on weight i dunno should i keep on eating..?? Dammit this is getting hard..lol Gopher.. im lost.. :( :)

Kapera_X 10-06-2004 04:45 PM

Re: Trying to eat less but, getting major headaches

from reading your food posts, I don't think you eat alot at all. Plus you eat healthfully. I'm no health expert, but I say keep eating. Just talk to you doctor to see if you have thyroid problems or something. Don't worry about it.

Smile :)

Losec20mg 10-06-2004 04:54 PM

thanks..
my doc is really stupid..drives a big navigator and, all he can do is prescribe pills..lol..thats what docs do..i did get my tyroid checked out last year and, it was fine..
i was eating larger portions last week..

pretty lost now.. :(

Gopherhead 10-06-2004 04:59 PM

[i]Why[/i] are you trying to eat less, Losec?

Losec20mg 10-06-2004 05:25 PM

i dunno people are telling me to eat less cuz im looking pretty big 160lbs..tho i do feel better when im full, it makes me happy and, it makes me joke around..should i go back to eating those big portions..??

so Gopher.. do you think im getting headaches because im eating less..im just affraid of developing another allergy..:(..im digesting everything perfectly..never digested like this before..my only allergy is this stupid 'Gluten'

Gopherhead 10-07-2004 05:31 AM

[QUOTE=Losec20mg]i dunno people are telling me to eat less cuz im looking pretty big 160lbs..tho i do feel better when im full, it makes me happy and, it makes me joke around..should i go back to eating those big portions..??[/QUOTE] "pretty big" as in healthy and not skin and bones?

How much less were you eating than normal? [B]It could be that because you've only been dealing with extremes your idea of eating 'less' is really eating "too little". [/B]

Extreme dieting will cause headaches - being hungry does that. So do toxins, eating junk, but you don't do that, so I'm thinking it's the former - too few calories. You drink your water, right? Any chance you're coming down with a cold? Headaches are usually one of the first symptoms.

Stick with healthy portions of food you know doesn't cause any episodes. Make sure you eat slowly and that a meal lasts a good 20 minutes - this is how long it takes your gut to send the message to your brain that you're not hungry anymore.

If you're happy at 160 and that is a good weight for you then it could simply be a question of monitoring how you feel as you eat - eat until you are no longer hungry, but not until you are stuffed and can't move.

Losec20mg 10-07-2004 08:54 AM

yeah i do look healthy, Gopher.. alot healthier then my friends..heh..so i will keep eating my protions altho i love to eat lots..and, yeah i do eat slowly, somtimes...but, im constantly hungry but, for little snacks..apart from my meals... :)

thanks Gopher.. you help me alot :)