It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Trying to eat less but, getting major headaches

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-06-2004, 04:40 PM   #1
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User
    Trying to eat less but, getting major headaches

wow..i never experienced this before but, lately iv been trying to eat less and, iv noticed getting headaches from this...> could it be my body wants more food..i dunno. This happens when i get hungry but, i control myself..im still putting on weight i dunno should i keep on eating..?? Dammit this is getting hard..lol Gopher.. im lost..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2004, 04:45 PM   #2
    Kapera_X

Kapera_X HB User
    Re: Trying to eat less but, getting major headaches

from reading your food posts, I don't think you eat alot at all. Plus you eat healthfully. I'm no health expert, but I say keep eating. Just talk to you doctor to see if you have thyroid problems or something. Don't worry about it.

Smile

Old 10-06-2004, 04:54 PM   #3
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

thanks..
    my doc is really stupid..drives a big navigator and, all he can do is prescribe pills..lol..thats what docs do..i did get my tyroid checked out last year and, it was fine..
    i was eating larger portions last week..

pretty lost now..

Old 10-06-2004, 04:59 PM   #4
    Gopherhead
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Gopherhead HB User

Why are you trying to eat less, Losec?

Old 10-06-2004, 05:25 PM   #5
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

i dunno people are telling me to eat less cuz im looking pretty big 160lbs..tho i do feel better when im full, it makes me happy and, it makes me joke around..should i go back to eating those big portions..??

so Gopher.. do you think im getting headaches because im eating less..im just affraid of developing another allergy....im digesting everything perfectly..never digested like this before..my only allergy is this stupid 'Gluten'

Old 10-07-2004, 05:31 AM   #6
    Gopherhead
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Gopherhead HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Losec20mg
    i dunno people are telling me to eat less cuz im looking pretty big 160lbs..tho i do feel better when im full, it makes me happy and, it makes me joke around..should i go back to eating those big portions..??
    "pretty big" as in healthy and not skin and bones?

How much less were you eating than normal? It could be that because you've only been dealing with extremes your idea of eating 'less' is really eating "too little".

Extreme dieting will cause headaches - being hungry does that. So do toxins, eating junk, but you don't do that, so I'm thinking it's the former - too few calories. You drink your water, right? Any chance you're coming down with a cold? Headaches are usually one of the first symptoms.

Stick with healthy portions of food you know doesn't cause any episodes. Make sure you eat slowly and that a meal lasts a good 20 minutes - this is how long it takes your gut to send the message to your brain that you're not hungry anymore.

If you're happy at 160 and that is a good weight for you then it could simply be a question of monitoring how you feel as you eat - eat until you are no longer hungry, but not until you are stuffed and can't move.

Old 10-07-2004, 08:54 AM   #7
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

yeah i do look healthy, Gopher.. alot healthier then my friends..heh..so i will keep eating my protions altho i love to eat lots..and, yeah i do eat slowly, somtimes...but, im constantly hungry but, for little snacks..apart from my meals...

thanks Gopher.. you help me alot

Last edited by Losec20mg; 10-07-2004 at 08:55 AM.

Closed Thread