It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Couple questions about gluten???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-20-2004, 05:56 PM   #16
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
    Re: Couple questions about gluten???

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Losec20mg
    hi jess.. the taste is a little diferent but, really its all in the sauce..What kind of sauce will it be..?? no what? i mix in cottage cheese in my pasta..mmium.
    the two i use

mrs.leepers
    veneziana

those two are really good..

jess are you sure you want to go all the way..gluten free..??
    Well, I don't think I'm going to go COMPLETELY gluten free, but I'm going to try to cut it out of my diet a few weeks to see if these knots in my stomach feeling will go away. I also suffer from constipation....so..I'll give it a try. I'm going to avoid wheat products like pasta, wheat bread, and cereal except oatmeal for a few weeks. I don't like what I've been reading lately about it. Before you posted this, I was already staying away from breads, actually. Although I do have pasta once a week but I'm giving that up for a few, and trying the corn kind. Do you think it TASTES better than regular pasta? I don't think you answered that specifically. Thanks, I'm going to give this wheat thing a try, I already tried giving up dairy but that wasn't it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2004, 06:28 PM   #17
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

well i don't know if it tastes better..the taste is just diferent..maybe you should try it for more then two weeks..but, yeah my pasta tastes great, with my homemade sauce..miam.. hehe It will proly be hard for you to do this over these holidays..

Old 12-21-2004, 08:15 AM   #18
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Exclamation Re: Couple questions about gluten???

Quote:
    well i don't know if it tastes better..the taste is just diferent..maybe you should try it for more then two weeks..but, yeah my pasta tastes great, with my homemade sauce..miam.. hehe It will proly be hard for you to do this over these holidays..
    Well if it tastes good, then I'm sure I'll like it. Put it this way, I'm going to significantly reduce gluten from my diet. I'm goint to look for rice bread and corn pasta, and gluten free waffles cause I'm going shopping today. I'll let you know I feel better. I haven't went to the bathroom now in 3-4 days!!! THanks!

Old 12-21-2004, 08:25 AM   #19
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

3/4 days..ouch..you better reduce the gluten..i think it might just be the culprit..i had those symtoms three years ago...now im all good....i hope everything works for you and, i really want to know everything..

take care jess..

Last edited by Losec20mg; 12-21-2004 at 08:26 AM.

Old 12-21-2004, 03:14 PM   #20
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    3/4 days..ouch..you better reduce the gluten..i think it might just be the culprit..i had those symtoms three years ago...now im all good....i hope everything works for you and, i really want to know everything..

take care jess..
    Okay, I haven't went shopping yet Losec, but I guess it IS possible to eliminate gluten completely, cause the only time I ate it was the pasta once a week and the waffles in the morning, which is a new thing about 2x a week. Do pretzels have gluten in them, cause I eat them a lot? I really think this IS THE PROBLEM, I hope. Another question, do energy bars, like Zone perfect bars for example, have gluten in them? Questions are pretzels and Zone perfect bars, thanks!!

Last edited by Jess75; 12-21-2004 at 03:30 PM.

Old 12-21-2004, 04:36 PM   #21
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

hi jess..you don't need to freak out over this...pretzels defenatly contain gluten...mine don't, cuz they are gluten free...and, the zone bars..should be ok for you...remeber jess you might be a little sensitive to gluten..thats why you have problems to go..but, i don't tolerate it...because of my allergy to it..but, if you do iliminate most of the gluten fron your diet and, you will feel better from doing so..then you will know for sure and, you won't eat it..

try mixing cottage cheese in your pasta..and, what kind of sauce do you use.??..

Old 12-21-2004, 06:27 PM   #22
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Talking Re: Couple questions about gluten???

Quote:
    hi jess..you don't need to freak out over this...pretzels defenatly contain gluten...mine don't, cuz they are gluten free...and, the zone bars..should be ok for you...remeber jess you might be a little sensitive to gluten..thats why you have problems to go..but, i don't tolerate it...because of my allergy to it..but, if you do iliminate most of the gluten fron your diet and, you will feel better from doing so..then you will know for sure and, you won't eat it..

try mixing cottage cheese in your pasta..and, what kind of sauce do you use.??..
    We usually use Classico sauce. Here's what I got, Organic Crispy Rice Bar by Natures Path, Nut Thin almond nut crackers by Blue Diamond, Tinkayada Pasta which is made from brown rice, Think THin Low Carb bars that say gluten free and wheat free, Rice Twice cereal by Erewhon which is gluten free. I'm not freaking out, I was actually staying away from wheat a little before, but ever since I read your thread, I felt like it was one of those things like a "big slap in the face." If this doesn't help I'm going to see my doctor....wheat does seem like it causes alot of problems for people. The guy that helped me at Whole Foods Market gave me a list of all the Gluten Free items in the store and told me that he GAVE OUT 7 OF THEM today!!! He said more than ever, people are trying to eliminate gluten from their diet. He said he's been cutting back on wheat and actully feels better. So, what do ya think!

Oh, and I said I wasn't going to completely eliminate gluten, but it looks like I am huh? Do you think I should stay away from oatmeal for these 2 weeks or what, cause I think that's the only gluten containing food I may eat. Do you know if constipation is a major symptom of eating foods with gluten? I'm also SOOO sick of feeling bloated, is that another symptom?? Thanks, your a big help!

Last edited by Jess75; 12-21-2004 at 07:16 PM.

Old 12-21-2004, 07:18 PM   #23
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

yes indeed, gluten can cause serious constipation..that docs don't know of..bacuz they just don't. ..if you iliminated bread and, pasta you will see a diferense..you should..cuz my brother to was like you, i gave him a good teaching and, lecture and, now he's doing much better..don't worry if you'r injecting a little gluten here and, there that won't be a problem, you are not a celiac like me..but, gluten manifests in so many diferent ways, its not even funny... .. so don't worry to much and, the stuff you bought is excelent, i hope you enjoy the new taste..have you noticed how much more expensive those items are.?

give me news

ciao

ps: constipation and, bloating are defenetly related to gluten.

Last edited by Losec20mg; 12-21-2004 at 07:21 PM.

Old 12-21-2004, 07:31 PM   #24
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    yes indeed, gluten can cause serious constipation..that docs don't know of..bacuz they just don't. ..if you iliminated bread and, pasta you will see a diferense..you should..cuz my brother to was like you, i gave him a good teaching and, lecture and, now he's doing much better..don't worry if you'r injecting a little gluten here and, there that won't be a problem, you are not a celiac like me..but, gluten manifests in so many diferent ways, its not even funny... .. so don't worry to much and, the stuff you bought is excelent, i hope you enjoy the new taste..have you noticed how much more expensive those items are.?

give me news

ciao

ps: constipation and, bloating are defenetly related to gluten.
    Yah, it is a little more pricey, but that will make up for the money I spend on laxitives. No, not that much but still. I've been taking this herb called Triphala(little pricey) for constipation but that isn't working for me anymore, hopefully this gluten free diet does. I'm not gonna turn down pasta from somebody if I'm their guest for example, but I'm going to make my OWN choice to not buy wheat for a few weeks. You mentioned that wheat is toxic and makes the stools smell, so don't you think I should kinda freak out, especially because of these stomach problems I have. Can you tell me your story about how you knew you were a celiac, like what were your symptoms and the routine, thanks your helping me out alot!!

Oh, what about tortilia chips??

Last edited by Jess75; 12-21-2004 at 07:55 PM.

Old 12-21-2004, 08:34 PM   #25
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

hi there..me again lol

well my story began when i was little..nightmares, very tired, never hugry, always negative, very scared..but those went away when i started school..then i began to make friends..but, no one really cared..at thirteen i started to have seizures..mild ones..sooo stared taking pills..also started to get leg cramps(had problems walking)..i always felt like there was somtin wrong with me..at 21 i began getting depressed so went to a shrink..I told them my story and, they gave me pills again..then i started to go out(cuz i felt a little better)..but, the fear was there ..i went out alot for many years because thats what they told me to do..i also ate alot of crap and, was always sick..constipation, daireeha, headaches, nausea, backaches..etc..i was in hell..i had lots of anxiety too..but, i was a real fighter(most of my life was a fight)..last year began the real serious problems because i was very sick with constipation on and, off..and, diareeha..and, loosing weight..i think my body was telling me no more gluten(its an overdose)..so yeah i looked like a living skeleton 109lbs....so last December i went to the hospital they did all the tests and, told me i had this allergy one month later..Soo i went on this diet and, now im a new man..im at 166lbs..and, look really..lol..oh and, guess what..? lol..no more pills..yup.. this diet gave me the courage to throw everything away..all i take now is a gluten free centrum(it is written on the box)..and, eating very healthy..very natural.. ..so there you have it..i actually gave you my life story..oh and, i also had reflux for like twenty years..yup..all gone. ..did you ever have nightmares?? or very wierd dreams..?

gtg bed tyme

hope everything works out for you and, let me know everything, k..bye

Old 12-21-2004, 09:05 PM   #26
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Unhappy Re: Couple questions about gluten???

Quote:
    hi there..me again lol

well my story began when i was little..nightmares, very tired, never hugry, always negative, very scared..but those went away when i started school..then i began to make friends..but, no one really cared..at thirteen i started to have seizures..mild ones..sooo stared taking pills..also started to get leg cramps(had problems walking)..i always felt like there was somtin wrong with me..at 21 i began getting depressed so went to a shrink..I told them my story and, they gave me pills again..then i started to go out(cuz i felt a little better)..but, the fear was there ..i went out alot for many years because thats what they told me to do..i also ate alot of crap and, was always sick..constipation, daireeha, headaches, nausea, backaches..etc..i was in hell..i had lots of anxiety too..but, i was a real fighter(most of my life was a fight)..last year began the real serious problems because i was very sick with constipation on and, off..and, diareeha..and, loosing weight..i think my body was telling me no more gluten(its an overdose)..so yeah i looked like a living skeleton 109lbs....so last December i went to the hospital they did all the tests and, told me i had this allergy one month later..Soo i went on this diet and, now im a new man..im at 166lbs..and, look really..lol..oh and, guess what..? lol..no more pills..yup.. this diet gave me the courage to throw everything away..all i take now is a gluten free centrum(it is written on the box)..and, eating very healthy..very natural.. ..so there you have it..i actually gave you my life story..oh and, i also had reflux for like twenty years..yup..all gone. ..did you ever have nightmares?? or very wierd dreams..?

gtg bed tyme

hope everything works out for you and, let me know everything, k..bye
    Wow, that sounds HORRIFIC!!! I can't believe such a protein could cause THAT many problems, you poor child. I've been reading about gluten on a search and can't believe how prevalent it is getting! I will let you know whether or not I feel better, thanks again!!

Oh, and who is Michael on this Food channel, or what channel is it? Do you have Comcast Cable, and if you do, you should watch the Wisdom channel. It has health shows on it one called "Living Right" and the other one is called "Health Town." The other shows are mainly about spirituality...it's a good channel. They also have cooking shows.

Last edited by Jess75; 12-21-2004 at 11:59 PM.

Old 12-22-2004, 09:07 AM   #27
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

hi jess just passed by to say hello...ill come later for some info..see ya and, enjoy your snacks..

Old 12-22-2004, 09:52 AM   #28
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    hi jess just passed by to say hello...ill come later for some info..see ya and, enjoy your snacks..
    Hello, I had my gluten free bar today. ANyways, you didn't answer my questions from the last post. Alright, talk to ya later!

Old 12-22-2004, 10:44 AM   #29
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

hey jess back..
    i had spinach with mackarels..and, a cheese sandwich..lol

ok Micheal Smith is on the food network chanel 603 satelite..i don't have the chanel you mentioned.. .. he played last night..what a cook..whoa!!..this guy does not eat one once of junk..lol.. my sister loves him..he is quit handsome but, hey im not gay..ayyy..

see ya soon..

Old 12-22-2004, 10:56 AM   #30
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    hey jess back..
    i had spinach with mackarels..and, a cheese sandwich..lol

ok Micheal Smith is on the food network chanel 603 satelite..i don't have the chanel you mentioned.. .. he played last night..what a cook..whoa!!..this guy does not eat one once of junk..lol.. my sister loves him..he is quit handsome but, hey im not gay..ayyy..

see ya soon..
    I think they do have the Wisdom channel on satelite, if you find if let me know!! I'll check out Micheal Smith, I think i have that channel. OH, I just had some cottage cheese and a few almond crackers as my snack, organic cottage cheese that is!LOL Do you think many people try to eat wheat free on this thread. I was thinking of starting a new thread like "Gluten free ideas." I don't know it this is the problem for me, but I do agree that wheat isn't an essential part of the diet. I remember you had a thread out called "write down what you ate", that was kinda fun, but I guess everyone was getting tired of it. Oh well, we'll see!

OH, the channel is called Food Tv and the show that's on now is called Essene of Emeril from 2-2:30pm eastern standard, do you have that show? The next show is called 30 minute meals, and the next one is called Food 911, sound familiar???

Last edited by Jess75; 12-22-2004 at 11:04 AM.

Closed Thread