It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Couple questions about gluten???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-22-2004, 11:55 AM   #31
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User
    Re: Couple questions about gluten???

heheh jess you'r too funny ..yes i know all of those shows..well almost all, lol..i like Micheal Smith the most..he's just special..and, i can eat alomost everything he cooks..sooo i know he's eating right..heh .. i gottta get some deserts for the holidays..found some gf almond cakes, or chocolate ones..im not a big eater of these sweets..but, it makes people smile..soo yeah

i think this thread belongs to me and, you

se ya later

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2004, 01:46 PM   #32
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Losec20mg
    heheh jess you'r too funny ..yes i know all of those shows..well almost all, lol..i like Micheal Smith the most..he's just special..and, i can eat alomost everything he cooks..sooo i know he's eating right..heh .. i gottta get some deserts for the holidays..found some gf almond cakes, or chocolate ones..im not a big eater of these sweets..but, it makes people smile..soo yeah

i think this thread belongs to me and, you

se ya later
    Okay, talk to ya later!

Old 12-22-2004, 03:22 PM   #33
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

hey,,are you sure the classico is gluten free.?? did you find some corn pasta..??..will your little one be eating your pasta.??

Old 12-22-2004, 04:07 PM   #34
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    hey,,are you sure the classico is gluten free.?? did you find some corn pasta..??..will your little one be eating your pasta.??

Hey Losec,
    I'm not sure if the classico is gluten free cause I don't have the container. I'm not going to be THAT strict about it, but I will eliminate wheat products for a few weeks(maybe completley) like wheat crackers, wheat waffles, cereal, and pasta. I will include oatmeal in my diet in a few weeks cause I read somewhere that it is generally okay to eat it. What about tortillia chips and popcorn. Oh, and my little one ate some of the rice pasta I made last night, with some organic buffalo meat, didn't use classico last night I used the 365 Whole foods kind. Why, does pasta sauce contain gluten? Do you think I have to give up gluten COMPLETELY to see results, like having regular bowl movements. I just had some tuna with almond and rice crackers with some steamed veggies like cauliflower, carrots, and brocolli with a tad of organic butter. Then I had a scoop of fat free icecream(gluten??) with cinnamon, now I'm eating a candycane, they are all over the tree and they are right in front of me, LOL, I have to stop. Don't tell me candy canes have gluten in them!!!LOL Oh, do you think we should post a thread like "what did you eat today again." Okay talk to ya soon.

Last edited by Jess75; 12-22-2004 at 04:08 PM.

Old 12-22-2004, 04:36 PM   #35
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

hey jess..hehe
    you don't have to go all the way..the main glutens have been removed so hopfully you will see a change..maybe you might have to give it a little more then two weeks..just eat that way until you see a change..im sure you will see a change..How did the little one like the pasta..lol and, yes candy contians gluten..most of the candy does. i have a small tree, its like 20" high..hehehe..

there's a storm here

tortilla chips should be fine for you and, the popcorn I make my own..with my popcorn poper..my tortilla chips are called Que Pasa..

Last edited by Losec20mg; 12-22-2004 at 04:39 PM.

Old 12-22-2004, 05:14 PM   #36
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    hey jess..hehe
    you don't have to go all the way..the main glutens have been removed so hopfully you will see a change..maybe you might have to give it a little more then two weeks..just eat that way until you see a change..im sure you will see a change..How did the little one like the pasta..lol and, yes candy contians gluten..most of the candy does. i have a small tree, its like 20" high..hehehe..

there's a storm here

tortilla chips should be fine for you and, the popcorn I make my own..with my popcorn poper..my tortilla chips are called Que Pasa..
    Where do you live, what kind of storm? Snow? Yah she liked the pasta actually, but she has these cereal bars made with whole grains with alot of vitamins in them, plus these organic cookies which are low in sugar have whole wheat in them with many vitamins. I bought her rice bars at whole foods though but she didn't like them too much unless she wasn't hungry cause sometimes I can't tell. I don't think I should completely eliminate gluten from HER diet do you? We are the only one's on this thread...I wonder if there are many people who need to eat a gluten free diet on here. Oh well....you are a big help, I appreciate it. My tortillia chips are called "Chipotle" by Guiltless gourmet, which are only 2 grams of fat per serving and they are HOT but very good!! They are made with certified organci corn, but doesn't say gluten free on it. And I have organic popcorn made by newmans and it's plain with no trans fats, I would have to do the adding. Wow, a gluten free diet is very complicated. I hope i'm not being a pain, but I read your other posts and found that you really seem like you have a passion about helping others. Like warning people that some of their symptoms could be correlated to wheat. Very nice of you!! I also typed in gluten in the search engine and read alot of posts from others with this allergy, it sounds like a b....! Oh well, thanks sooooooo much for your help. I still didn't go to the bathroom yet, I'm not kidding, this is ridiculous!!!! And I feel so bloated all the time, and I eat a high fiber, healthy diet. ARRRRRRGH!! BTW, the tortillia chips are baked not fried. Okay, talk to ya lata!

Old 12-22-2004, 05:30 PM   #37
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

hehehe..lol
    well you won't see a change right away..could take some time for your system to adjust..yes it is a snow storm and, ice pellets..ayaya..i hate it you still haven't gone..yikes..what 3 days now.??

see ya lata.

let her have her gluten..but don't overdose her with it.

Last edited by Losec20mg; 12-22-2004 at 05:31 PM.

Old 12-22-2004, 05:34 PM   #38
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    hehehe..lol
    well you won't see a change right away..could take some time for your system to adjust..yes it is a snow storm and, ice pellets..ayaya..i hate it you still haven't gone..yikes..what 3 days now.??

see ya lata.

let her have her gluten..but don't overdose her with it.
    I think it's actually the 4th day, isn't that ridiculous??

Old 12-22-2004, 05:58 PM   #39
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

4th day..ouch..well i hope by reducing this wheat you will see a diference.. i surely hope so..what will you do over the holidays..you will proly load yourself up with gluten..?? I hope not.. ..well just keep me posted, k..thanks

Old 12-22-2004, 06:09 PM   #40
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    4th day..ouch..well i hope by reducing this wheat you will see a diference.. i surely hope so..what will you do over the holidays..you will proly load yourself up with gluten..?? I hope not.. ..well just keep me posted, k..thanks
    No problem. Well, I'm going to my mothers house on xmas eve and she's going to have ham, wings, potatoe salad, salad, and pasta. If I had a little of everything else, besides the pasta, would I be alright? Shoot..I don't even know it potatoes contain gluten in them. I will try not to load up on gluten, but besides the pasta....does everything else sound gluten free-ish?? Thanks. I just got done eating rice cereal by Erewhon called Rice Twice whole grain cereal, and it's fat free. It was pretty good. I have to eat fruit since I haven't yet today, so it looks like day 1 was completely gluten free! Whooo hoooo! I'll DEFINITELY keep you posted!!!!

P.s..It's funny i'm doing this kind of diet now, cause I was going to buy Dr. Mercola's book "The No Grain Diet." Did you ever hear of it?? He feels EVERYONE should elliminate wheat from their diet because of the way it's fertilized by the soil, which isn't as good as it was a long time ago.

Last edited by Jess75; 12-22-2004 at 06:12 PM.

Old 12-22-2004, 06:39 PM   #41
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

potatoes are gluten free..lol unless she makes the frozen kind..those are NOT..and, yes i heard of that book also the "Dangerous grains" is good too..im making roast beef..with lasagna..heh for christmas.

i did mention i was from Montreal..didn't I.?

lata

Last edited by Losec20mg; 12-22-2004 at 06:40 PM.

Old 12-22-2004, 06:59 PM   #42
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    potatoes are gluten free..lol unless she makes the frozen kind..those are NOT..and, yes i heard of that book also the "Dangerous grains" is good too..im making roast beef..with lasagna..heh for christmas.

i did mention i was from Montreal..didn't I.?

lata
    Yah, I think you did....is that in Canada or something? Yah I think it is. Lasagna and roast beef sound good!

Old 12-22-2004, 07:15 PM   #43
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

yup..well actually the roast beef is my sister making it..and, i will make the lasagna and, bring it over..plus sweets for later and, raw veggies..with canatalope and, chestnuts..all sorts of good stuff..lol heh olives..etc.

nite

Old 12-22-2004, 07:18 PM   #44
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

[QUOTE=Losec20mg]yup..well actually the roast beef is my sister making it..and, i will make the lasagna and, bring it over..plus sweets for later and, raw veggies..with canatalope and, chestnuts..all sorts of good stuff..lol heh olives..etc.

nite [/QUOTE
    Good night thanks!

Old 12-23-2004, 01:34 PM   #45
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

hey jess..
    how are things going...? how was your second day with your new food..??

Closed Thread