It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Couple questions about gluten???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-23-2004, 02:50 PM   #46
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
    Re: Couple questions about gluten???

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Losec20mg
    hey jess..
    how are things going...? how was your second day with your new food..??

Hey Losec,
    Here's what I ate today:
    Breakfast: Luna Bar(not sure if it's completely gluten free)
    Snack: One organic buckwheat waffle with real syrup, and a little bit of Balance butter, a tall glass of very veggie juice, banana
    Dinner: I finished my christmas shopping which was crazier than ever at the mall. So, I ate at this Italian resturant and was sooooo tempted to order pasta, but I ordered a chicken salad instead, grilled, aren't you proud of me? The only thing bad about that was I had a few fries and they didn't have low fat ranch so I used regular. Oh, and instead of having coffee this morning, I had green tea.
    Btw: I liked the buckwheat waffle, it was pretty good. So, what do you think about my menu today?
    Ps. Not to be gross, but I did okay today, but not real well, if you know what I mean.

I will probably eat a little more tonight, I make sure to let you know!

Last edited by Jess75; 12-23-2004 at 02:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2004, 03:17 PM   #47
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

i think you are doing very good. ..and, yes i am proud of you i also have buckwheat waffles and, corn ones aswell..heh yes i think you did not eat enough..but, i know you don't wanna become fat..heh well thats the thing with this diet you can't eat pasta when you go out..lol..but, i think i never took pasta at a restaurant..nope my sauce is..yummy ..hmm lets see what did i forget...oh ya, did you go.??

Old 12-23-2004, 03:41 PM   #48
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    i think you are doing very good. ..and, yes i am proud of you i also have buckwheat waffles and, corn ones aswell..heh yes i think you did not eat enough..but, i know you don't wanna become fat..heh well thats the thing with this diet you can't eat pasta when you go out..lol..but, i think i never took pasta at a restaurant..nope my sauce is..yummy ..hmm lets see what did i forget...oh ya, did you go.??
    Hey, well my sister in law asked me to go out with her tonight to a bar for Karyoke, and I told her I'd go cause I hardly ever get to see her. I'm really not into bars that much but figured what the hey, I'm on vactation, I'll go. I know beer has gluten in it so, what kind of drink do you think I should drink. Better yet, I'll drink some wine, yah that sounds good. Yah, I went a little bit today, but it wasn't healthy, I KNOW there is something wrong with me, I hope this is it cause I'm going to cut down on wheat no matter what anyways, cause of "stickyness" aspect of it. Talk to ya soon.

P.S. I'll let you know what else I eat...and what i drank tonight, which will probably be wine, is that kool?? Like the wine???

Last edited by Jess75; 12-23-2004 at 04:00 PM.

Old 12-23-2004, 04:26 PM   #49
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

lol..yeah wine is ok ..oh and, my question was..'did you go'..hmm, you know.. .. did you go..lol get it.

Old 12-23-2004, 04:35 PM   #50
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    lol..yeah wine is ok ..oh and, my question was..'did you go'..hmm, you know.. .. did you go..lol get it.
    Yah, and I did answer you but I guess you didn't get it. Yah, LOL, I went this morning but it wasn't very healthy and I didn't go all the way. LOL! Btw, do they have "gluten free" beer?? LOL hehehe! I only drink occasionally, and when I do I usually drink Yuengling. Do you ever drink, and if you do, or when you do, what do you drink? You probably don't since you take an interest in your health, I do too, but I like to have a few social drinks here and there.

Old 12-23-2004, 05:25 PM   #51
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

oh it wasn't healthy..hmm..ayy was it floating or sinkin'..lol? can you describe it..? i know..hehe
    and, as for beer, yes they do its called 'Messager' ..not far from where i live.. ..but, i don't drink n more...because its not healthy..

Have some fun at the bar.

Old 12-23-2004, 06:24 PM   #52
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    oh it wasn't healthy..hmm..ayy was it floating or sinkin'..lol? can you describe it..? i know..hehe
    and, as for beer, yes they do its called 'Messager' ..not far from where i live.. ..but, i don't drink n more...because its not healthy..

Have some fun at the bar.

Thanks, I'm leaving in a few minutes but my stools were dark and I know I could have went more. Hopefully they have that Beer! LOL I'll be talking to ya soon!!

Old 12-24-2004, 10:30 AM   #53
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

ok..happy christmas eve..hehe..

Old 12-24-2004, 10:43 AM   #54
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Cool Re: Couple questions about gluten???

Quote:
    ok..happy christmas eve..hehe..
    Hey Losec!
    Get this...my daughter loves those buckwheat waffles. She ate 2 1/2 of them and an egg!! That's alot for her! I think she loves it cause it's blueberry flavor...they are really good. I had my luna bar and ate the 1/2 of her waffle so far. And also, I went to the bathroom real well this morning, LOL. I think I'm starting to feel better unless it's all in my mind. Well definitely know in a few weeks, I'm primarily worried about wheat more than anything. Do you think if I eat oatmeal I'll be okay, IF this gluten thing is the problem. I had 4 beers last night, I know BEER...it's called Yuengling, ever hear of it?? My sister inlaw loves to sing, she was singing Madonna at Karyoke LOL!! She sounded pretty good! I felt alot better after going to the bathroom though. I even lost 2-3 pounds for SURE! I don't want to lose anymore than 5 altogether. But, I'll probably gain it back from today, although i'm going to do a workout. My mother told me that she's having wings, pierogies (pasta I know ) kilbaski and sour craut, potatoe salad, and regular salad. I'm going to stay away from the pierogies and eat wings, kilgbawski, and salad, and I love those foods! Sorry for rambling but I know you can make good suggestions and your a GREAT help!!!

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Last edited by Jess75; 12-24-2004 at 10:56 AM.

Old 12-24-2004, 02:06 PM   #55
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

don't worry about the oatmeal..you can have it..lol and, why are you giving those to the little one.? are they 100% gluten free...she should be eating a little of her gluten....ok so im leaving to go eat in a bit..and, im glad you went to the B room..lol..hope you don't eat much..then you will feel really 'fat'..lol ..oh and, 4 beers..ouch that sucks..

see ya later

ps: got some of that annies dressing..

Last edited by Losec20mg; 12-24-2004 at 02:08 PM.

Old 12-24-2004, 07:28 PM   #56
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Cool Re: Couple questions about gluten???

Quote:
    don't worry about the oatmeal..you can have it..lol and, why are you giving those to the little one.? are they 100% gluten free...she should be eating a little of her gluten....ok so im leaving to go eat in a bit..and, im glad you went to the B room..lol..hope you don't eat much..then you will feel really 'fat'..lol ..oh and, 4 beers..ouch that sucks..

see ya later

ps: got some of that annies dressing..
    Well, I didn't buy the "regular waffles," but she does eat these whole grain (wheat) cereal bars, so believe me, she does get her gluten. However, I did read about gluten being related to Autism, that's kind of scary. So, she won't be consuming THAT much wheat. Yah, I had 4 beers last night, that's not TOO bad, I only drink like once a month and I only have a few. Here's what I ate tonight, a little kolbaski and sour kraut, some wings, one pierogie (I know, just one though) and I also had some ham. My mother bought banana cream pie from Eat N Park just for me and I had to have a piece cause she know that's my favorite. OH well, I guess it wasn't too bad. What did you eat? And do you like that dressing? I love it!

Last edited by Jess75; 12-24-2004 at 07:35 PM.

Old 12-24-2004, 08:07 PM   #57
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

hey there..
    well we had the lasagna..mmm + the raost beef mm i had four slices..heh nothing beats home cooking..i also had some italian torone..mm and, cheese olives, celery, mm + some ice cream..i got no room for nothing else..we still got the chestnuts and, more stuff..but im done..
    haven't tried the dressing yet..well did you also have some bread.??..

later jess..

ps: my lasagna was totaly gluten free

Last edited by Losec20mg; 12-24-2004 at 08:08 PM.

Old 12-24-2004, 08:22 PM   #58
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    hey there..
    well we had the lasagna..mmm + the raost beef mm i had four slices..heh nothing beats home cooking..i also had some italian torone..mm and, cheese olives, celery, mm + some ice cream..i got no room for nothing else..we still got the chestnuts and, more stuff..but im done..
    haven't tried the dressing yet..well did you also have some bread.??..

later jess..

ps: my lasagna was totaly gluten free
    Nope, I didn't have one ounce of bread. My christmas party is done, I ate alot today so I'll diet tomorrow, I'm sooo stuffed right now. I'm also very tired , and I'm going to go to bed and wait for santa to come. Merry christmas!!! Let me know if you like that dressing!

Old 12-25-2004, 08:14 AM   #59
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

hi jess.. just passing by..it is a very boring christmas now here.. ..is everything ok there.? the little one ok.?..well i must go cook, another day of cooking..bye

Old 12-25-2004, 10:38 AM   #60
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    hi jess.. just passing by..it is a very boring christmas now here.. ..is everything ok there.? the little one ok.?..well i must go cook, another day of cooking..bye

Yes, I'm at home just looking to see where the Spongebob movie is playing, so that goes to show you were bored too. WHat are you cooking? I had oatmeal this morning so far. I know, I'm bored too.

Closed Thread