It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Couple questions about gluten???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-25-2004, 11:33 AM   #61
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User
    Re: Couple questions about gluten???

hey..well i had a quick lunch..pasta(spaeghetti)..now im on here and, gotta go get some stuff for tonight...hope the market is opened..lol im making chicken brochettes with chineese noodles..its always the same stuff..LOL
    haven't tried that dressing yet...so did you go today.??

ill come back later

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2004, 11:41 AM   #62
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
    Cool Re: Couple questions about gluten???

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Losec20mg
    hey..well i had a quick lunch..pasta(spaeghetti)..now im on here and, gotta go get some stuff for tonight...hope the market is opened..lol im making chicken brochettes with chineese noodles..its always the same stuff..LOL
    haven't tried that dressing yet...so did you go today.??

ill come back later
    No, I didn't go today. But I'll let you know. I don't think the market will be opened today,LOL, but maybe. I'll let you know what I ate when I get home. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

Old 12-25-2004, 03:29 PM   #63
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

alrighty jess.. let me know my christmas is really boring..oyi

Old 12-25-2004, 03:42 PM   #64
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Well, 5 more hours Christmas will be over. I just had ham and potatoe salad, yumm. I'm going to do a workout so let me know later what you ate, byeeeee!

Old 12-25-2004, 03:54 PM   #65
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

was that salad homemade.?? im having chicken brochettes..i also made some chopped shui..lol

Old 12-25-2004, 09:12 PM   #66
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    was that salad homemade.?? im having chicken brochettes..i also made some chopped shui..lol
    Yes, actually it was homemade. I wonder why none of the "gluten free" people respond to our threads, hmmmm, oh well, I'll talk to ya tommorrow!!

Old 12-26-2004, 08:04 AM   #67
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

haha jess..i guess its bacuz we are the only two 'Angels'.. ok well another day..and, more cooking for me..im always cooking-damn, when will i get a break..

Old 12-26-2004, 09:08 AM   #68
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    haha jess..i guess its bacuz we are the only two 'Angels'.. ok well another day..and, more cooking for me..im always cooking-damn, when will i get a break..
    Hey Losec,
    I was just wondering about it because like 450 people viewed this thread, LOL. ANyways, I'm glad Christmas is done, I just have to take back a pair of shoes but I am DEFINITELY not going today. I can just imagine how crazy the malls are. I'll definitely get back to you about my diet and stuff. BTW, I read that dairy can interfere with bowel movements but they never mentioned cottage cheese and said that yogurt is okay. I've been into cottage cheese lately so I aint giving that up and I'm going to try Almond milk cause I tried it once and it's pretty good!
    OH, and my birthday is the 28th so how will I get around eating my cake!!! LOL, I'll just say hey "Go to whole foods and get me a gluten free cake!" HA HA HA, HO HO HO, just kidding. I'll just eat it. Ya know, just the thought of all that doughy stuff makes me wanna barf knowing it's sticking to my intestines kinda, right??? OH, I'll be 29.

Last edited by Jess75; 12-26-2004 at 09:14 AM.

Old 12-26-2004, 10:49 AM   #69
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

yes keep me postad with your new diet(well kinda).. oh and, you can't share that cake with me cuz its got the gluten in it.. .. hihihihi.. oh 29..thats a nice age....me am 38.. ..

ta-ta

ill be bac later ..

Last edited by Losec20mg; 12-26-2004 at 12:57 PM.

Old 12-27-2004, 09:17 PM   #70
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Thumbs down Re: Couple questions about gluten???

Losec, I just wanted to tell you that I feel sick right now cause I just had one piece of pizza. Yep, just one and my stomach feels like it's in knots right now and I'm not kidding. You know I've been doing so good too, with trying to stay away from doughy things and wheat. I messed up today cause we went to an italian resturant and I ordered wedding soup, had a piece of WHITE bread, and for my dinner I ordered an appetizer which was 3 little ravioli pieces, ate only two of them because my little one only ate half of her grilled cheese, so theres MORE bread. My husband ordered pizza today for him and his brother for the game and I couldn't resist a piece. This is no joke, my stomach hurts. What was I thinking...I think I was thinking that "Oh, gluten isn't doing this to me cause I'm not a celiac" but I also read alot about how a wheat free diet helped many people with intestinal problems soooo.?. Is it true that when you eliminate a lot of gluten from your diet and then you eat something major (gluten filled) that you can get sick? I'm sure you can. PUKE! BLAH! I don't know if it's in my head or not. Oh, and I bought this honey oat bran bread for my little one. Does this have less gluten in it than whole wheat? I'm not TOO concerned about her eating gluten(cause kids need it right? or do you think kids don't), but I was just curious in case I have a sandwich or something. THey want like $5.00 for rice gluten free bread, yikes. It was frozen too and I hate frozen bread. Can you buy it unfrozened. Thanks for listening, or reading,lol.

Last edited by Jess75; 12-27-2004 at 09:28 PM.

Old 12-28-2004, 08:24 AM   #71
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

well jess if you have been constipated for so long its a sign your body telling you that there is somtin wrong...and, yes if your body hates gluten, then the less you eat of it, the more your body won't want it..if your getting sick with it, then duh! you shouldn't eat it...pizza is crap, unless its homemade..im disapointed Jess cuz i thought you where a real health freak.. you are exactly like my sister, she was like you and, now 'no more' she does not want gluten ever again because she was so sick with it..anyhow your body is talking to you Jess.., you have to listen to it..you have sensitive intestines just like me .. if the bread is more expensive its proly because its better for you..lol

happy birthday Jess..

if your little one is ok with some gluten then let her have it..

Last edited by Losec20mg; 12-28-2004 at 08:29 AM.

Old 12-28-2004, 08:39 AM   #72
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    well jess if you have been constipated for so long its a sign your body telling you that there is somtin wrong...and, yes if your body hates gluten, then the less you eat of it, the more your body won't want it..if your getting sick with it, then duh! you shouldn't eat it...pizza is crap, unless its homemade..im disapointed Jess cuz i thought you where a real health freak.. you are exactly like my sister, she was like you and, now 'no more' she does not want gluten ever again because she was so sick with it..anyhow your body is talking to you Jess.., you have to listen to it..you have sensitive intestines just like me .. if the bread is more expensive its proly because its better for you..lol

happy birthday Jess..

if your little one is ok with some gluten then let her have it..
    Or it could be the dairy. You also didn't say anything about the honey oat bread, less gluten???LOL

Old 12-28-2004, 08:52 AM   #73
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

oats is fine for your daughter..with very little gluten in it its ok for her ..but, you should really watch what you eat..if somtin makes you sick, then don't eat it..ever again. as for me i can't ever ever eat junk again, cuz my body can't tolerate it..i get lots of stomach cramps. diareeha, bloating, headaches..etc..not to mention im damaging my intestines..i think you just found your culprit. are you lactose.?? because lots of people that are lactose are also gluten sensitive..

Old 12-28-2004, 09:04 AM   #74
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    oats is fine for your daughter..with very little gluten in it its ok for her ..but, you should really watch what you eat..if somtin makes you sick, then don't eat it..ever again. as for me i can't ever ever eat junk again, cuz my body can't tolerate it..i get lots of stomach cramps. diareeha, bloating, headaches..etc..not to mention im damaging my intestines..i think you just found your culprit. are you lactose.?? because lots of people that are lactose are also gluten sensitive..
    Well, I was asking about the bread in case I want a sandwhich, cause in the ingredients it says whole wheat flour...But I hardly EVER eat bread, once in a while. I'm not sure if I'm lactose intolorant, and I think I'm going to see my doctor. I don't ever get diareha, just bloating, gas and constipation, ALOT! I'm not going to mess up again(try) to see if this is it and I'll let you know!

Old 12-28-2004, 09:15 AM   #75
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

diareeha is NOT the only symptom..there are many other symptoms when you are sensitive to a particular food..

bloating
    nausea
    constipation
    headaches
    joint aches
    etc etc... the list is very long

i thought you purchased rice bread last week..??

Closed Thread