It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• 1000 kcal enough?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-04-2005, 06:41 AM   #16
    zusanna
    (female)

zusanna HB User
    Re: 1000 kcal enough?

Well said girlygirl! Like I said before I'm trying to recover from my ED. I used to eat alot less than what I do now. I try to eat at least 1500 cal a day which I know still isn't what I should have but at least it's a step in the right direction. I'll keep increasing as I go along until I'm at what I need to be eating.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 09:55 AM   #17
    pgirl

pgirl HB User
    Re: 1000 kcal enough?

Well ladies, i am also a visitor on the ED board and and currently in recovery. I wanted to completely agree with all that girlygirl11 has said about ED's. Just b/c you eat a certain number of calories a day does not mean you struggle with the thoughts and your demons as you do so. I am currenty in recovery, and ive gained all my weigh back, and i mean all. By i am strong again. I used to be an athlete and by being anorexic i was tired all the time and physicall i just couldnt participate in my fav sports. Eating more then i felt comfortable with along with lots of exercise and weights i got back into shape and am able to perform better then ever. Despite my great efforts, i still struggle with the day to day focus on calories and food. Now im trying realy hard to not count my calories or fat and just eat what i like, even desserts! iknow it sounds crazy coming from an ED sufferer but i do it.

I also went through a period where i only at 1000cals a day, and it gradually just went down to less and less. But also what happened is that if i ever did binge or overeat i was in terrible stomach pain b/c the food was too much for my body to metabolise b/c it was so slow. So basically, 1000cals isnt giong to cut it. I know if you have suffered from an ED it sounds like alot, but it really and truly isnt. But if thats where you feel comfortable eating right now, make sure you encorporate alot of healthy foods into your diet, especially protein. Hopefully for your own good health you can increase your calories and silence your demons (b/c i have also seen you on the ED board).

Closed Thread