It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• fake meat? yuck!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-03-2005, 08:59 PM   #46
    veggie girl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

veggie girl HB User
    Re: fake meat? yuck!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jessicca
    Wait, he ain't serious is he, are you Losec?
    I think he is!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2005, 09:01 PM   #47
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

lol you guys are killing me..im getting rib pains..lol

it doesn't happen all the time but somtimes it does change color..lol but, remember>>> me no smell ..haha..im all detoxed..lol

LMarseoff

Old 02-03-2005, 09:03 PM   #48
    veggie girl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Losec20mg
    lol you guys are killing me..im getting rib pains..lol

it doesn't happen all the time but somtimes it does change color..lol but, remember>>> me no smell ..haha..im all detoxed..lol

LMarseoff
    Red and green poop AND no smell??!!...that is HILARIOUS!!

Old 02-03-2005, 09:09 PM   #49
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

well i did always make people laugh..
    oh and, veggie, you'r eating pretty healthy, your poop shouldn't smell much..lol winnie the poop..lmao

see ya

Old 02-03-2005, 09:10 PM   #50
    veggie girl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

veggie girl HB User

Jess, it must all be true. I just read that certain food coloring combines with bile and produces a bright green color!!

Old 02-03-2005, 09:13 PM   #51
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

what daaa.! you had to search the net.?..lol you'r such a veggie..didn't you believe me?..LMAO..

we've gone off topic big time

Old 02-03-2005, 09:26 PM   #52
    veggie girl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Losec20mg
    what daaa.! you had to search the net.?..lol you'r such a veggie..didn't you believe me?..LMAO..

we've gone off topic big time
    No, I totally believe you!! Iwas just curious as to why it happens.

Old 02-04-2005, 07:08 AM   #53
    Jess75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by veggie girl
    Jess, it must all be true. I just read that certain food coloring combines with bile and produces a bright green color!!
    Yikes, hahaha.

Old 02-04-2005, 04:56 PM   #54
    Angelene
    Veteran

Angelene HB User

Wow -- talk about going offtopic, guys! I'm going to end your poop conversation right here!

Some really good tasting *meat substitutions* (please, don't call them "fake meat" b/c they're very real foods!) are out there.

I didn't give up meat b/c I didn't like the taste, I gave it up for ethical reasons. Thus saying that you aren't a vegetarian b/c you like the taste of meat is pretty much an invalid argument to me. Others might disagree, but that's just how I feel. If you're really against eating imitation things, then I wonder if you ever use non-dairy creamer -- YIKES! Fake milk?? God forbid. See, I bet you use imitation things all the time. I agree with the poster who said they're not more gross than eating a corpse of a mistreated animal.

I love:

Boca Breakfast Links
    Boca Chik'n Patties
    Gardenburger Riblets
    Tofu Pups (Yummy with Bush's Baked Beans! Vegetarian, of course)
    Tofurkey Hickory Smoked sandwich slices
    Tofutti Cheese
    Anything made of gluten! Especially my fiance's beef stew! Mmmmm

There are so much more. But really, people, be a little more openminded. It's okay if you don't like the taste of tofu -- i'm not a fan myself -- but I think it's a little off key to keep saying it's too gross, so you eat meat. That's not a logical conclusion. If you really wanted to, then you'd find a way around eating meat without eating tofu. If you don't want to, then try not to be so offensive to those who do want abstain from animal products.

Truth is it isn't about tastes. B/c veggie food tastes good. It's about finding it within yourself to realize that the way animals are exploited and treated in today's society is morally wrong, and since we're intelligent enough as humans to realize that, we should feel responsible to do something about it. Not entitled to do it for that reason.

Old 02-05-2005, 12:01 AM   #55
    upshutter17
    Veteran
    (female)

upshutter17 HB User
    Smile Re: fake meat? yuck!

Oh my gosh you guys are hilarious. Just one more thing about poop...mine is green. ONLY because I am herbal and use herbs in everything...I also have a morning nutritional drink that mostly does it. ....actually it's a good thing because that means my blood has assimilated the herbs...and how easy it did!!! I have to admit, like Losec20mg, I observe my poop too. lol, I know it sounds gross but sometimes the gross or smallest detail will give you a lead when it comes to your body and health.

Angelene, Boca is awesome! Morningstar is also some awesome delicious food! Ever try Temph?? Tofurkey is another awesome one!!! Silk is Soy makes AWESOME vanilla soymilk...seriously you wouldn't even know the difference! My personal cheese substitute is Veggie Cheese. Oh man you guys made me hungry. Well, you guys have a healthy day!
    Upshutter

Old 02-06-2005, 04:24 PM   #56
    veggie girl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by upshutter17
    Oh my gosh you guys are hilarious. Just one more thing about poop...mine is green. ONLY because I am herbal and use herbs in everything...I also have a morning nutritional drink that mostly does it. ....actually it's a good thing because that means my blood has assimilated the herbs...and how easy it did!!! I have to admit, like Losec20mg, I observe my poop too. lol, I know it sounds gross but sometimes the gross or smallest detail will give you a lead when it comes to your body and health.

I eat lots of greens but mine has NEVER been green. It it possible I'm not assimilating the nutrients??

Quote:
    Angelene, Boca is awesome! Morningstar is also some awesome delicious food! Ever try Temph?? Tofurkey is another awesome one!!! Silk is Soy makes AWESOME vanilla soymilk...seriously you wouldn't even know the difference! My personal cheese substitute is Veggie Cheese. Oh man you guys made me hungry. Well, you guys have a healthy day!
    I agree Morningstar and Silk are AMAZING. I eat Soyco's cheddar cheese and you can hardly tell the difference between that and real dairy cheese. It is truly amaing. Oh also, you GOTTA try Tofu Pups, they're about 8 g of protein each and are absolutely delicious!!

Last edited by veggie girl; 02-06-2005 at 04:26 PM.

Old 02-06-2005, 08:12 PM   #57
    jtu91952
    Inactive

jtu91952 HB User

I also like the soy products. twice a wk i will eat a bocca burger, they are so good.

Old 02-06-2005, 08:16 PM   #58
    romeoii
    (male)

romeoii HB User

Getting back to Sammy's" subject. I have been eating meat substitutes for 10 yeaqrs and I agree they were pitiful at first. But! they have gotten a lot better. I can't speak on the chicken like stuff you mentioned. Have you tried "Morningstar products? They are getting real good. I usualy have the sausage Patties or meat strips with breakfat. Most of the egg substitues are really good with them (I use "Egg Beaters") Boca Burger makes for a decent Cheeseburger. Boca Burger or Morningstar Crumblers make for a great meat sause or taco filler.
    Looks can be deceiving when seen on TV. It is difficult to make what was mainly soy meal look like a wing or drumstick!
    I used to say "I would never give up beef if my life depended upon it...Weeell it did and I did!
    Art

Old 02-06-2005, 10:13 PM   #59
    upshutter17
    Veteran
    (female)

upshutter17 HB User
    Cool Re: fake meat? yuck!

Dang Veggiegirl you're making me hungry! My poop is green because of the herbs I take...hahahaha, I've been on a 30 diet (just finishing up), and it's like whatever I take, I feel the effects right away. Hahahhaaa, sorry about the poop thing again guys.

MMmmmmmmmmmm....Boca, mmmmmmmm. I went to a restaurant on Friday (it's tough eating out and being vegan at the same time), and this mongolian place had tofu! I was overjoyed (all veggies, and they cook it in front of you)...oh man, to those who won't try or don't like tofu...have it prepared right. I think I was in vegan heaven. mmmmm, ok now I made myself hungry, hahhaha! Have a healthy day guys!
    Upshutter

Closed Thread